PDA

View Full Version : Yerf Dog + Big Mudd Hole = BIG FUN!!!

Rarerat
07-22-2010, 09:17 PM
Here is a short video of my daughter playing in the mud with her Yerf. Unfortunately, She shut it off and it wouldn't start back up so we had to cut the fun off early. I think it is just the starter switch on the column because I can jump the solenoid with a screw driver and it will start right up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nUm0Y9nEyg

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o70/x77d80/HPIM3765.jpg

olderthan
07-22-2010, 10:10 PM
looks like she is having a great time
we went thru stuff like that when
the kids were young
both the girl and boy learned to drive
in vw buggies the boy and his wife & kids ride 4 wheelers

metalstudman1
07-22-2010, 10:57 PM
Love to see her having a BLAST and love the little screams as she goes thru the mud:hooaray:. Also glad to see you got some rain and a DIRTY kart for a change. GPS that thing as it's moving pretty fast DAD.
How'd she do in the Odyssey when you nearly lost it off the trailer?

ckau
07-23-2010, 03:34 PM
What a blast!! :hooaray: Appears she has a good handle on driving too ! judging by the spray , she probaly got some moisture in the kill switch. WD 40 will cure that.
Next time spray the electrics down before going out. it will keep this sort of thing from happening and also keep everything cleaner. I buy WD40 in bulk and use a garden sprayer to wet down the whole buggy if I know I'm headed for some muddy trails. Mud and dirt won't cling and the buggy washes down easy afterwards.

kliff
07-24-2010, 06:07 PM
Sweeeeeeet....

Rarerat
07-31-2010, 12:05 PM
Thanks, she had a blast. I am almost to embarrassed to tell you all what was wrong with it but here goes... The brake switch has never worked as long as we have owned the buggy so she is used to just hitting the button and it starting. well I guess when she hit the water it got wet & shorted the brake switch into working. Then when she shut it off, neither of us thought to push the brake pedal before trying to restart the buggy. :banghead:

The next day I went out to see what was wrong with it and when I couldn't by pass the starter switch and start it I started tracing wires looking for a break somewhere. It then occurred to me to check the brake switch and I pushed it with my hand and hit the starter and it fired right up. Boy did I feel stupid :lol: Live & learn I guess. :o:D

olderthan
07-31-2010, 03:13 PM
our learning curves never end
its all fun though

ckau
07-31-2010, 04:09 PM
Thanks, she had a blast. I am almost to embarrassed to tell you all what was wrong with it but here goes... The brake switch has never worked as long as we have owned the buggy so she is used to just hitting the button and it starting. well I guess when she hit the water it got wet & shorted the brake switch into working. Then when she shut it off, neither of us thought to push the brake pedal before trying to restart the buggy. :banghead:

The next day I went out to see what was wrong with it and when I couldn't by pass the starter switch and start it I started tracing wires looking for a break somewhere. It then occurred to me to check the brake switch and I pushed it with my hand and hit the starter and it fired right up. Boy did I feel stupid :lol: Live & learn I guess. :o:D

Hey Ive had stuff like that! First bump breaks it, second bump fixes it! Or the time I snatched a carb off only to find I ran out of gas: My son walks in about the time I'm gonna chunk the carb across the shop! " Hey dad, isn't there supposed to gas in there?" pointing in the tank :eeek: