PDA

View Full Version : More motor numbers

Pogo
08-04-2010, 04:43 PM
Ok here we go again. Just got off the phone with ASW. They claim they have no model numbers for there motors,just VIN numbers. They want to know why I want a model number???? Any way they say there is a VIN number under the electrical box. My box lays on the horizontal on the drivers side near the back of the motor. Sure enough there are three numbers under there. The first one is JL1P57F the second one is ATJPX150GAL and the last one is 10010992. So can anyone make any sense out of these numbers. It would be nice to have a number if and when I want to order parts. The only thing I know for sure is it is a JY6. Thanks again.

olderthan
08-04-2010, 05:24 PM
10010992 is serial number
jl1p57f is motor type=150 cc

JakeTheSnake
08-04-2010, 06:25 PM
Yeah Pogo, olderthan is exactamundo on the numbers. And I remember from your prior post when we had ya searching all over the damn place for one number in particular and that's the JL1P57F one. You got her now!

BuggyMaster
08-04-2010, 07:23 PM
Fact is the numbers can be very irrelevant. GY6 parts will fit on it. The exception is the transmission area because ASW machines have internal reverse.

Pogo
08-04-2010, 07:58 PM
Ok thanks much guys. Don't know why ASW seemed so reluctant to give it to me. I guess they want you to buy all the parts off them. Well maybe yea and maybe no. But the numbers were really well hiden. I didn't want to take the box off so I went in there with a dental mirror to find them. So I am satisfied now that I have them.