PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Ohio,Help

ctrental
09-16-2010, 01:26 PM
Bought a buggy with a gy6 that supposedly needed a coil and that was it,,,,,,, so after new coil,regulator,cdi box and engine wiring harness it will now fire but wont do more than idle soon as i hit the throttle easy or hard it dies, still has spark ,I believe it is fuel related although i've cleaned the carb 3 times,flushed the fuel tank am getting fuel to the carb any help would be great :banghead:

EJ Mac
09-17-2010, 03:15 AM
I have had this problem on several buggies. I don't mess with cleaning stock gy6 carbs I toss 'em and buy a new cheapy off the bay, works like a champ every time. Welcome aboard.

ctrental
09-17-2010, 09:11 AM
I adjusted the valves last night and was able to get it running....not right but running...if I feather the gas it will start at high idler (runs great from high idle to full throttle) and able to run it wide open, it's a lot peppier than I thought it would be, but when i come to a stop the clutch is still pulling so when I turn the idle down it bogs out and dies ?

ctrental
09-17-2010, 09:19 AM
Anyone recognize this Brand of Buggy only numbers are on a plate on the floor 150F-04 1200000011