PDA

View Full Version : Tecumseh OHH EXHAUST

toughfordbronco
09-19-2010, 06:12 PM
Hey There AllI am wonderin is there any available,
or could i make it myself ,
a exhaust header for these ohh go karts I have .
I know its tapped 3/4 NPT so i could fab up anything i basically wanted but anyone know of like a exhaust to top it with or can you even ?
without burnin' valves ,
or losing my back pressure
As always Thanks

BuggyMaster
09-19-2010, 07:07 PM
You could probably hook up a candy cane header of some kind. The Tecumseh's just don't seem to hold up as well as a briggs. If I remember right, they have an aluminum sleeve or something which is why they are typically rated for about 150 hours and then their done.

toughfordbronco
09-30-2010, 02:40 PM
Have you known anyone who used one on these engines or anyone else out there ever tried a header pipe on a ridgid go kart tecumseh motor?

metalstudman1
09-30-2010, 06:30 PM
I've made many different exhausts for the 6hp and 6.5hp Tecumseh and the "J" or candy cane that Buggymaster suggested seems to produce the best performance.I believe the bend produces the right amount of back pressure,You get lots of noise (sounds stronger) and slightly more RPM's.I've timed laps with stock and homemade pipes to find out which worked best. I've capped the pipes with a large lawnmower muffler to reduce the noise level. I found as long as the pipe is 12"+ long it didn't backfire too bad and didn't burn valves.I have 4 Tecumseh engines that have run for over 500 hrs with NO problems.The Batman kit does give you a good gain of power but in my opinion it's TOO small a bang for your buck.

toughfordbronco
09-30-2010, 08:10 PM
Excellent
Just the info I was looking for .
Thank You