PDA

View Full Version : what do the performance spark plug do for a 150cc gy6

suggsj12
11-27-2010, 12:22 PM
what do the performance spark plug do for a 150cc gy6 and how is it different the the plain one

SYCARMS
11-28-2010, 01:33 AM
With the performance CDI and coil it will make the spark more intence helping the mixture burn more completely which produces more power. Tom

ckau
11-28-2010, 08:47 AM
Here's a excerpt from a thread I summited a few years ago as part of a discussion on the Iridium high performance plug # C7HIX for the GY6.
..... Using an iridium plug is sort of relative to what you expect out of your motor. If the rest of the motor is tuned to it's peak capabilities, then a iridium enhances the system. If the jetting, exhaust or ignition is off a touch then No, you won't feel the difference. If you are happy with the way the motor runs as is, try a iridium, no difference? then stick to a stock plug. no harm, no foul and you have saved a few bucks. In a competitive environment the choice of plugs could potentially mean the difference in as much as a 1/2 second a lap. Doesn't sound like much but to put that in perspective, after 5 laps, possibly the length of a straightaway on the short tracks. So, to some, it's everything, to others it is irrelevant. Try what is available out there and decide what works best for for you. I personally found the iridium to more forgiving and dependable. If you find the plug burning or fouling the problem is elsewhere. The plug doesn't seem to mind the constant changes in air/fuel ratios caused by daily fluctuations in air temp, humidity and driving style. I get as much mileage out of one iridium than 2 of the stock plugs. So the extra cost is worth the confidence that my motor is on top of it's game.

SYCARMS
11-28-2010, 09:02 AM
Very well put.
Tom

suggsj12
11-28-2010, 10:13 AM
thanks for information