PDA

View Full Version : Manco Fox Helix 150

jsartvt
12-01-2010, 12:23 PM
I am new to the kart world. I have a helix 150 and would like to add a few performance parts. I would like to add a little more torque on the bottom. I am looking into changing the clutching and adding a new cdi and coil. This kart has the gy6 engine right? The engine family number says 7tjpx150150. I can't seem to get a 100% definite on that it is the gy6. What would you recommend for parts and where is the best source to get them? I really appreciate the help! Thanks in advance!

joshstep1
12-02-2010, 09:31 AM
Well Hi. Welcome to the site... Yes, your engine is a 150cc GY6. You'll find it stamped in various places on it. For more low end power you can do many things. You can put some 10g or 11g slider weights. You can rejet the engine (usually these engines come lean) and put a UNI air intake on it, performance exhaust, change the main clutch spring (it comes with a 1000 RPM spring, I have a 1500 RPM spring, and you can put a performance clutch on it. SYC sells it for $380. I know who sells it cheaper but I probably shouldn't say.