PDA

View Full Version : Hi from w.n.c.

mtnmaxx
12-29-2010, 11:07 AM
hi,mike here from Mcdowell co,N.C....kid's grandparents bought them a blade 150xtx for christmas...so i'll likely be asking some questions to keep it running/running better than it does now(very mountainous here-i think i need a sprocket change for alot better climbing ability)...anyway,hi-mike:hooaray:

wasjustlooking
12-29-2010, 11:16 AM
Welcome. A 39t sprocket, lighter rollers in the variator, and a stiffer main spring will make a big difference.

olderthan
12-29-2010, 12:19 PM
welcome to the group

metalstudman1
12-29-2010, 02:11 PM
Welcome neighbor to the west!

bam41
12-29-2010, 09:14 PM
Hello mtnmaxx - glad to see ya on here. Blade is a good buggy. any questions just search the forums or ask and we will help!

KID4LIFE
01-01-2011, 01:11 PM
welcome to the fun....:D

mtnmaxx
01-01-2011, 03:10 PM
thanks, been looking at a few options. What would be the best route to give the buggy a smoother(lower rpm) take off with better climbing ability...a little less top end is o.k. as about all we have near the house is hilly to very steep.
All i have is the knowledge of how my 4 wheeler performs...the buggy is very different to me (better..more fun to drive hard without flipping and worse...no 5 speeds and 4wd to choose from).I have read alot here and at various vendors about different mods...just kinda confused about it now...like i said, would really like to see it take off at lower rpms and not bog down with belt slippage on the steeper hills...is this possible? Anyway,glad to be here!-mike

wasjustlooking
01-01-2011, 05:06 PM
See my previous post in this thread. That is your answer for more hill climbing power. A UNI air filter and carb re-jet is also a great mod to get more out of the engine. They are all cheap mods with good gains and easy to do.

BuggyMaster
01-01-2011, 05:21 PM
Ya I'd go for the sprocket change. You can mod the variator but that will also up your launch RPM.

wasjustlooking
01-01-2011, 06:51 PM
Your take-off rpm is regulated by the stiffness of the clutch arm springs that allow the clutch to engage. Most come stock with 1000rpm springs which is about as low as you can go. Any lower and it would bog the motor down. I run 1500rpm springs on my son's 150 to give it a stronger take off due to the type of riding we do. (lot's of big hills) It may rev higher but it means more power to the wheels to get you going when the clutch locks up.

SYCARMS
01-02-2011, 09:36 AM
Welcome to your new addiction. The cvt is a bit differant than a geared transmission, but performs great when tunned. Your manual will tell you the buggy is set up for no more than a 20 deg. grade and I have noticed on many new buggies it has changed to 15deg. grade. You will have to tune the cvt to change the shifting points. If you are getting high revs on steep hills with the stock setup, your clutch is probably slipping. I agree that with your terrain a larger sprocket is needed, but you will also need to tune the cvt as well. Feel free to give me a call with any questions you may have on the cvt system. Its really a simple setup but will need tunning.

Tom

jpman
01-02-2011, 03:28 PM
Welcome Mike...be prepared to start looking for you're own buggy now! These things are addictive and a blast to ride.

mtnmaxx
01-05-2011, 06:34 PM
thanks to all, i will be giving a review with my experiances with the buggy
and it's vendor soon...thanks for all the info...the mods will begin as finances
allow...mike