PDA

View Full Version : New Member Here, What's up from NC!!

TeamBreakem
02-07-2011, 09:13 PM
What's going on ya'll. I am kinda new to buggies but not new to offroading. I have been riding/workingon quads for some time now. I did although used to have a helix that I really enjoyed alot, regretted getting rid of it. I just purchased a Hammerhead 150 buggy and am picking it up tomm. It's used but really barely. It's totally stock and nothing I ever do/get stays stock for long.

I am kinda mechanically inclined but will need lots of help during my build on my HH. It is not for my kid or grandkids (not that old yet), it's for me, so I am going to need to build her up. Money just wasn't there to do a 250cc or bigger so I am going to have to slowly build up this 150cc. From the research I have done I think I have choosen a pretty decent buggy.

I will put pictures up as soon as I get em. Picking it up tomm or wed.

I ride in Goldsboro,NC alot at a ATV park called Busco Beach. Usually I am handlebar deep in the mud pits on my mud beast can-am but I'm telling ya this area is unreal for trail riding on buggies. If anyone on here is living by me or wants to take an insane buggy trek, let me know, I'm a great host. Anyway, hope my first post isn't scaring anyone. Usually my posts won't be this long, lol. But hopefully I get to know a few of you and ride with even more of ya!! :biggthumpup:

TeamBreakem
02-09-2011, 10:07 PM
Wow, really yall. I was hoping some of yall from NC might chime in and introduce yourselves. Got my buggy and am gonna need some help hyping it up. So far on my list to go on this HH150 goes as follows: all from ************. Hope it's okay to post this.

GY6 Air Performance Upgrade - Level 1
****-GY6-S1-L1 $44.95

Main Jet
Jet Size: 135 MJ-XXX $4.95

Pilot Jet
Jet Size: 40 PJ-101 $5.25

Throttle Cable - OEM style
TC-CVK $24.95

1500 RPM Clutch Main Spring - Yellow
SS12 $19.95

Variator - Roller weight for GY6 150cc 18x14
Weight: Roller_8g SS0X $10.95

NGK Spark Plug for GY6 150cc - Iridium
NGK CR7HIX $10.95

24mm Stock Carburetor for GY6
CA830 $64.95

GY6 Drive Belt - Gates Powerlink
PL-30707 $29.95

Tell me if I am going the right or wrong way with this thing.....Or ideas

metalstudman1
02-10-2011, 10:33 AM
Have you already checked or installed the new carb to know that you needed a 135 jet?

TeamBreakem
02-10-2011, 02:26 PM
My buddy has the same buggy and after his intake and at our altitude (basically sea level) he ended up with 135. So really it was just a suggestion from a fellow buggier. He is the guy who is gonna do the work on mine, he's a mechanic for helicopters, so he knows what he's doing, lol. I beleive he used to be up here and posted alot, veesmack was his screen name. He's only into quads now, so I don't think he is up here anymore.

And actually the buggy I picked up carb is gunk, so I am going to be either going threw the whole thing or maybe just replacing it. It won't even stay idle right now, drove three feet yesterday and it bogged down and shut off. Gonna have to check the auto choke and make sure it's not stuck open. I got lots of things to check, lol, just getting started on this thing..........Project for sure to get it right.

metalstudman1
02-10-2011, 08:56 PM
I'd try to clean the carb to start with as it doesn't cost anything but labor and some carb cleaner.I'd check to see what size jet it has right now.A 135 isn't too rich for our elevation depending on the carb you have.I'm only 500' higher than you and I run a 125
I really need to get down there to Busco Beach and try it out-I've seen vids from there and it looks great.

TeamBreakem
02-10-2011, 09:31 PM
I went into the carb/gas tank tonight and you should have seen the stuff that came out. The carb was soooo gunked that I just went ahead with my order, which by the way, thanks for editing my post, won't do that again, my fault. Did get it to start up with starting fluid (which led me to the carb.). Actually even the petcock was gunked up. So just waiting on parts now. Everything else on the buggy looks absolutely great. I need to take some pics, but I will wait till I get some stuff done. I also need to prob. start a new thread in the right place.....
Also went ahead with the "performance" manifold, those plastic stock ones look vulnerable. Time to spit shine the gas tank, any helpful hints on really getting it nice and sparkly inside??

Umm, busco, yeah it's like my second home. Love that place, it's epic..Whenever you wanna hit it let me know and we can go and do that thing......Where you from metalstudman1

olderthan
02-10-2011, 09:47 PM
40 pilot will be to big if you haven't gutted the exhaust 120 to 125 main sb about right
1500 spring is good but you may not like 8 rollers lots of low end no top end. in my gy6 i
run 12g sliders=to 10g rollers on low end equal to 12 or 13 rollers on top end.
welcome to the group

metalstudman1
02-11-2011, 07:07 AM
Is the tank rusty? If so -rinse with some CLR and water.I agree with the 8g rollers, never can tell though depends on how big a person you are. I'm in Belmont (Charlotte area)