PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Maine, USA

krzlarry
02-09-2011, 01:30 PM
Hello, i am a noob at this, but here are two trikes i hand built. the smaller one, with yellow rear wheels, goes about 40mph, but the other one, im havin issues getin up to speed, i got many more pics at my site, www.krzlarry.webs.com , i am lookin for feedback/help on these two, any sugesti0ons i will take into facter, thanx :hooaray:

bombomb
02-09-2011, 08:11 PM
nasty little whippers, i just moved from maine to florida, missin the snow big time

krzlarry
02-10-2011, 08:09 AM
il try to send some snow down to ya, lol, here are some more pix of trikes in build

bombomb
02-11-2011, 07:26 PM
man those are some deadly little numbers, you say you get 40 mph on those things?? damn thats gnarly. My modded helix will barely do over 40 with a single rider

krzlarry
02-11-2011, 07:41 PM
this one went about 35-40, not really sure exact speed, i had planed on matching a car to the trike, but i cant seem to keep the chain intact, keeps breaking, grrr

parts entaled:

33mm weed whacker moter
modified centrifical clutch
racing sprockets
mongoos 20" bycle frame
26" three wheeled bike frime rear end
off road kart tires

il get more details when i work on it more, as of right now, they all are put away, snow on ground, its cold outside, :banghead: but the other one needs alot attentionil post more about that one too

metalstudman1
02-11-2011, 09:04 PM
krzylarry-"this one went about 35-40, not really sure exact speed, i had planed on matching a car to the trike, but i cant seem to keep the chain intact, keeps breaking, grrr"

Where is the chain and sprockets?All I see is pulleys and belts!!!!!You're a BRAVE individual to ride those anywhere near 30-40mph.

krzlarry
02-11-2011, 09:16 PM
ok, i made an adjustment to the pic, u can see the chain sprocket here, however, i did make a typo, thats a 88mm moter, not 33mm and that pic was befor i put on chain sprocket on moter output shaft,. it was on another rig that was belt driven, but on this trike, i put chain, sorry again for quality of pix, old camara

BuggyMaster
02-12-2011, 10:38 AM
That is quite a creation!

krzlarry
04-20-2011, 02:16 PM
hey im back, i just bought my first, lol, a real manco ratler lxt this is it, but not my yard, we havnt been riding it, theres still snow here in maine, and im a whimp, lol, i hate snow. :booty: you can see the snow in these two pix of the guy dropin it off to my house. as soon as it starts getin warmer il pull it out of the barn and tear it down, it needs a lil attention, but it does run, and go under its own power, but not at all like it should. il make a vid of rebuild if you guys want, and im lookin for the roll cage off of a dingo kart, i really dont like the roll cage on this ratler, way too bulky and heavy, upose to the dingo roll cage, any sellers ? get my email from my profile,

Krusekontrol
04-20-2011, 06:40 PM
Hey Krzlarry, your name fits you well. You gotta be a little crazy to ride them things at 40mph. I love to see crazy stuff like that.

krzlarry
04-20-2011, 06:48 PM
here is a pic of me pushin the manco backwards cuz i missed the turn, my daughter and i was riding but the snow was too much, we parked the manco.
this was on the day it was delivered to my house

metalstudman1
04-20-2011, 08:32 PM
Warmer daze are coming!!! Good luck with it.

krzlarry
04-28-2011, 06:31 PM
i replaced the front tires, they was bald and off beed, would not hold air, i removed the front roll cage, for mods, will have independint front suspention, im fabing in lower A-arms and shock towers. added mirrors, its guna get painted, not sure what color yet, thinkin blacked out,new rear tires, just cuz old tires tore up lawn.i mounted turf-savers. then i discovered a bad clutch, it needs replaced, chews off belts like crazy, pic included, any idea's?

krzlarry
05-03-2011, 07:54 PM
built frame work around the moter, guna add plating behind seat to seperate driver from moterran elect. wires inside tubing, next is independent front suspention, adding lower A~arms and shocks, then teardown for cleaning and paint.
oh, and got all the tires done, all Turf Saver's, lol,