PDA

View Full Version : 169cc silver fox

ericjhns52@gmail.com
08-27-2009, 08:17 PM
ok ppl I have a problem my kart doesnt like to switch from 1st to neutral how could I solve this problem or should i switch to standard trans? And my brakes dont like to work unless it is raining(learned that today) when i got out of school i cranked up the buggy (on the first time of course) but it rained like 6" and its like the first time i've heard them work can anyone post a vid on how to adjust a rear disc brake? And how would I install a reverse system on my kart.

BuggyMaster
08-27-2009, 09:45 PM
Installing reverse will be quite a chore. Likely better off getting a kart with reverse already on it.

As far as nuetral, there are two thing you need to check:

1.) Take the cover off of the torque converter. There is a front pulley and a rear one. On the front one, there should be a copper / bronze looking bushing that sits on the shaft that the belt rides on. This is likely gone and that could be why it is not disengaging.

2.) The other likely cause is that your entire drive pulley needs disassbled and cleaned. After riding for so long and not being cleaned, they tend to gunk up and this too will cause it to get stuck in gear. Check for that little copper bushing. If you look in the torque converter section you'll find a post by me that tells you all the parts that should be there with a picture.

BuggyMaster
08-27-2009, 10:03 PM
Here's the thread that shows you the pieces of the converter:

http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49

ericjhns52@gmail.com
08-28-2009, 11:25 PM
Ok I looked at my converter and everything is there and tight but I got it stuck in mud today and it ate up my belt but still runs but the only way that I can kick into neutral is to hit brakes and rev engine slightly and it kicks out. Also when I try to take off fast the kart jerks and I have to let off.

BuggyMaster
08-28-2009, 11:29 PM
Those are all signs of the parts being dirty. What happens is it gets a buildup on it and can no longer slide freely. When you give it gas it has enough force to get past the stuck parts but it does it in a jerking motion. You'll see what I mean when you take it apart. That's what you need to do to fix the problem.

24evanwilson
08-29-2009, 09:50 AM
try the air filter first thats wat i did and it ran lots smoother

ericjhns52@gmail.com
08-29-2009, 10:06 PM
Yeah I would do all dat but my lil brother muffed up the kart somehow and he didnt tell me untill like 9:00pm. I was so pissed I had to, "take a walk" so I don't know how extensive the damage is, I'll post up tomorrow. Also I should have pics up soon but can't find camera. Thank everyone for all da help and this site has been the best kart forum I've ever been on thanks to everyone's generosity and willingness to share knowledge it's what makes this site UNIQUE and great.

24evanwilson
08-29-2009, 10:30 PM
geee thanks , ok ,o_0 ummmm wat did you brother do

ericjhns52@gmail.com
09-03-2009, 04:29 PM
my little brother just drives like a little girl and the motor mounts came loose and slid the motor up so while he was driving the chain popped off so the next day i put everything to normal,cleaned the clutch assembly, and ajusted the brakes and steering components so other than an ate up belt it runs good as new again

24evanwilson
09-03-2009, 07:48 PM
man siblings stink!

wiggle waggle
07-02-2010, 01:15 AM
yea the same thing happened with my scorpion i just took the torque converter apart and cleaned the inside and i also used a dry lube like graphite on the inner mechanism of it and it runs fine but i still have to do that every few months