PDA

View Full Version : Saga of the backfireing GY6

Pogo
04-12-2011, 08:33 PM
Well seeing as I am not getting very much in the way of suggestions on my problem. I will let you know what I am doing. I was told to use high test with Sta Bill. So I drained the tank and did that and it didn't help.So I stripped the carb off. Took off the float chamber.Found what I think was a very small amount of water and a small amount of grit.(it is all relitive seeing as how it is a carb) There may have been a small amout of grit around the main jet.Took all the jets out and air cleaned them and used a very fine wire.Float and float jet seem OK. Weird carb. So to morrow in goes back on the buggy and see what happens. I still think it is electrical. I will know more to morrow. I hope I am wrong.

rich1
04-13-2011, 03:55 PM
Well seeing as I am not getting very much in the way of suggestions on my problem. I will let you know what I am doing. I was told to use high test with Sta Bill. So I drained the tank and did that and it didn't help.So I stripped the carb off. Took off the float chamber.Found what I think was a very small amount of water and a small amount of grit.(it is all relitive seeing as how it is a carb) There may have been a small amout of grit around the main jet.Took all the jets out and air cleaned them and used a very fine wire.Float and float jet seem OK. Weird carb. So to morrow in goes back on the buggy and see what happens. I still think it is electrical. I will know more to morrow. I hope I am wrong.

Things to check are ..all electrical connections, coil wire and cap,spark plug, kill switch and last but not least bad ingition switch !

Pogo
04-13-2011, 05:30 PM
Thanks for your help.