PDA

View Full Version : gy6 electric problems please help

patmann
04-14-2011, 07:33 PM
i am trying to get some help. i have a carbide 7150/150cc gy6 it is dc i belive i am in the process of upgradeing everything i was told to start with the electrical system and seek some advice, im trying to find an upgraded stator online (11pole if possible 8 if not) and haveing alot of trouble finding one with a 5 wire setup witch is what i think mine is(yet it dosent use one of the 2 wires with the barrel plugs). it seems all other mods must wait until i can figure this out
thanks for any help u can offer
patrick

Pogo
04-16-2011, 05:06 PM
Best guy to talk to is Tom Syc. He should be able to help you out and answere all your questions. You can reach him at www.sycpowersports.com Godd luck. Later

lonniehall72@yahoo.com
04-16-2011, 05:46 PM
hey like pogo said talk to tom at syc! and why start at the electric if you dont mind my asking. we have the fox carbide not sure of the year but its all stock at this point and we run the wheels off this thing. i would like to have more lower end cause we like to climb over the speed end . so with air filter sproket torq spring rollers cam what is the upgrade on the electric?

Pogo
04-16-2011, 11:29 PM
Yea like Lonniehall says why the electric. I have a ASW Carbide 150. I run two 55 watt night lights and the stator handels it just fine. According to Tom, he says I have a 6 pole stator. My buggy is new, but if I was you I would run it for a while to find out what it is you really are looking for. Mine goes like stink and I haven't figgured out what more I am looking for. Just an opinion.

brother4
06-14-2011, 03:02 AM
i agree with them leave it alone its alot of fun just like it is be sides patmann it aint **** next to the bms 1000 lol