PDA

View Full Version : XY Poweresports XY 500Gk

Pogo
04-20-2011, 12:31 PM
Anyone know anything about the XY POWERSPORT XY 500 GK buggy. It is just about idenical to the Hammerhead Mako. Look real cool. Comes with a few options as standard. Like winch and a few others. Close to 300 Lbs heavyier(not good) then the Mako. Same size motor. All the drives seem to be about the same. Both are really big buggyies in size.(not the best) Can be sold in the U.S. Does anybody know any thing about them. Has anyone driven one. Would really like to get some feed back. Thanks Later

GX150
04-20-2011, 03:15 PM
You're going to have issues finding replacement parts for the chassis. If you are set on the 500cc, see these guys: http://www.extremebuggiesusa.com/

Pogo
04-20-2011, 07:26 PM
That may be true about getting parts. But that's going to be an issue with any of them.That 500 hasn't even passed EPA tests yet and he is just takeing pre orders. He aslo has a nice lookin 1100. Don't know if it has passed EPA tests. The 500 I was talking about has passed the EPA tests and is already on the market and being sold by the dealer. So I am not sure why you say that I would have a hard time getting parts. They are all knock offs,just about identical in size and looks. Probabley all come out of the same factory door. Thanks for your reply. Later

GX150
04-20-2011, 08:32 PM
There are three variations of the 500cc 4x4 chassis of which I know. The Boss 500 is EPA certified, but has not gone through CARB (I doubt any more carbureted engines will will pass CA emissions). Extreme Buggies has a parts warehouse in GA for immediate sale - They do not order from China after they receive your request like most drop shippers of Chinese vehicles.

The CFMoto 500 engine parts will fit each other. However once you start looking closely at drive lines, you will find variations in chassis width and length. If you have the capability to fabricate chassis and drive parts, you can choose the best value for the money and not worry about support.

Talk to owners of Yerf-Dog, Joyner, Carter or any other buggy that has had a disruption in support. The handy ones have adapted other parts or their buggies to keep their vehicles running. Those that are not have had to sell them at a large loss due to lack of support.

Pogo
04-21-2011, 12:06 AM
I am just quoteing what was stated on there web site. They say neither the 500 or the 1100 have past the EPA tests. As well,they say they are only takeing pre orders on these machines. As good as they may be, if they don't pass the tests they will end like the Maco only being sold in Canada. All I am saying is that XY Powersport is selling 500 cc 4 w drive machine now. It must have passed EPA tests.I am not saying it is better or worse machine cause I don't know. I am just asking questions. It all started with me wanting to find out about the Hammerhead Maco that could only be sold in Canada for those reasons. Hammerhead seems to be mired up to there ears in doggy do. At least up here in Canada.
Extreme Buggie claimg that they can modify the length and width of there 500 machine witch I think is a big plus.
Again all I am doing is asking questons, cause a lot of people out there know a whole lot more about these machines then I do.
To modify the machine is not a big deal to me but I would rather not have to.
Thanks again for your reply Later

GX150
04-21-2011, 09:50 AM
Their website information has not been updated (too bad, their loss). If you search for Boss 500 on the Buggy News forum, you will be able to read the posts of the more active owners. What I want to do is prevent you from purchasing a machine that may look and work great but as soon as it breaks, you spend just as much as much to cobble a repair. Once this happens a couple times, you will be soured on the idea of a buggy.

From what I pieced together about the larger Hammerhead, it was a Canadian effort to bring in the larger buggy by rebadging another Chinese import. It did not have support in North America and depended on Canada's success to continue.

BTW: I have no affiliation or monetary connections with any of these buggy manufacturers.

Pogo
04-21-2011, 12:00 PM
First, about the Hammerhead Maco,I understand that because it could not pass the EPA tests they decided to sell it only in Canada. I doubt very much if the Canadian market could have supported that machine on it's own. Plus the fact that the people running the company(Hammerhead) up here seem to have run into lots of buisness problems of there own makeing. That is why at present,there are no Hammerhead dealers in Canada. As for the machine itself,it probabley is (was)a clone of a clone of a clone.

I appreciate eveything you have said and I am listening. First I am not going to run out and buy the first glitzy machine I see.(I am finding out there are lots of them) Second I may not buy one at all. Third if the company does not have a solid buisness footing in North America like Hammerhead or ASW I would be leary. If I want buy 500 or 1100 4w drive cheap I can buy one from China Lady located up here in Manitoba. But they are just a import company. But they have some pretty nice looking machine at good prices.Then the last option is to buy used,and that has a lot of merit.

The saga continues and again thanks for you opinions and coments. Pogo Later

SYCARMS
04-29-2011, 09:56 PM
I have talked to the owner on several occasions and was impressed. He has a good bit of experiance in the powersports industry and his mission is to have a top notch product. He has a huge warehouse in Ohio which houses the buggies as well as parts. You will only be able to purchase these thru qualified dealers. Looking to hopefully become a dealer soon.

TOM

GX150
04-30-2011, 06:21 PM
Will you get things in order before the national bash? It would be nice to have direct comparison with the Boss 500.

SYCARMS
05-02-2011, 12:56 AM
Not sure, I'm working on my shop which had been on hold due to an uncontrollable circumstance, and one requirement is to have a showroom, for showing their product. Hopefully I'll be getting back to work on it soon.

TOM

PACRATT
10-16-2011, 08:31 PM
What is the name of the place in Ohio? Thanks

SYCARMS
10-16-2011, 09:53 PM
XY powersports but they are wholesale only. They should be able to give you a dealer in your area.

TOM

PACRATT
10-16-2011, 11:08 PM
OK Thanks Tom