PDA

View Full Version : new on here

dakspen428
04-23-2011, 10:52 AM
Need HELP!have a avanti brigade 150 atv. it starts up and idles fine,but give it alittle throttle and it dies.have cleaned carb which is a PZ27,checked plug and replaced it,but still has the same problem.help !

BuggyMaster
04-25-2011, 10:38 AM
What did you do in the process of cleaning the carb? Still sounds like a carb issue.

Let me ask you this as well:

Does it act the same way when it is fully warmed up? Also, are you able to very gradually able to give it gas and it will rev?

dakspen428
04-26-2011, 01:00 PM
the carb was disassemblied and soaked over night,everything was blown out and checked and to what i see everything was clean and open..warm or cold its dies as some as you apply some throttle...stuck at this point?

BuggyMaster
04-26-2011, 05:27 PM
Look around the rubber boot that holds the carb on and see if there are any cracks in it. They can be hard to find so look good. What did you use to clean the pilot jet?

dakspen428
04-27-2011, 11:50 AM
check the boot,all is good,and used carb cleaner,crc carb and choke cleaner..Problem is that i do not know the factory setting for a/f and f/f setting..and can't find anything for a pz27 carb..to go by..thinking may just go ahead and replace this carb.the parts manual got with the Avanti Brigade 150 is in chinese and i don't read or talk that but it shows a completely different type of carb listed..

metalstudman1
04-28-2011, 07:56 PM
So many things could be causing this issue.Does it sound like it's sucking air when it bogs down? Have you verified that it's getting plenty of fuel? Still sounds like a clogged main jet. Did you remove it and see light through it? I use 1-1/4 turns backed out from fully seated as my starting point. Honestly I didn't know there was a spec for that- it's all about listening to the motor for adjustment when it's running for dialing it in and then test driving it for tweeks on load. Just because you buy a new carb it may not even be the problem but it's a good start if you've checked everything else out.- a weak cdi,coil,bad enrichment valve,bad ground or connector could easily cause that