PDA

View Full Version : Help identify please.

sixer
06-16-2011, 02:25 PM
I bought this kart as a project for me and my daughter. I bought it at a yard sale. It had a 5 hp BS engine and some kind of funny gear system. The sprocket goes from the engine to a small upper axle then over to the drive wheel. I have looked online trying to find a match and have not had any luck. I have started taking it apart, and have bought a new engine. The plan it to clean it, paint it, new seat, new tires and let my daughter have fun. Any thoughts or ideas would be great. Thanks.

metalstudman1
06-16-2011, 09:04 PM
Sorry I asked for pics in your welcome post- could be a Streaker.How old is your daughter? Is it one wheel drive?Your funny gear system is a typical jackshaft reduction drive.

sixer
06-16-2011, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the reply. My daughter is 4 and i am planning on using gearing and an engine governor to keep it slow for now. She is doing great with the power-wheels jeep she has now. I assure you safety is first. Thanks for the jackshaft reduction. This is all new to me. I have been restoring a jeep and I wanted to have a project that would be less expensive.

Is there anyway to find a year and model so buying parts would be easier? From what I have found so far, it seems like parts are general and you buy based on bolt pattern, axle diameter, horsepower ect...

sixer
06-16-2011, 09:27 PM
And the axle is live? Both wheel pull.

KID4LIFE
06-17-2011, 06:26 AM
that kind of looks like a yerf-dog 3202 model.

metalstudman1
06-17-2011, 10:50 AM
that kind of looks like a yerf-dog 3202 model. I thought so too but after looking at the one in my bone yard it's not the same frame.
A small thing I noticed was the pedals are typical early Manco or Northern tool, the frame configuration, steering wheel and wheels looks like a Streaker, roll cage and seat looks like a Yerfdog.
Your kart isn't really going to need specific parts that I can see.Universal stuff will work just fine.

sixer
06-17-2011, 02:19 PM
Ok thanks for the information. I am sure I will have more questions as I go.