PDA

View Full Version : well I took the new 3206 out

gunluvinfull
06-23-2011, 03:07 PM
2nd time I had it out and I had starter trouble. seems the battery wires, were about ready to fall out of terminals. I forgot to put the strap on and my nephew was ridin it when battery fell out, totally. Then I pulled the plug wire to hard and guts and all came out as he was messin with it runin zapped the ++++ out of him LMAO. not a good start now i gotta get a new coil also there was no acid in the battery it was completly dry. :) oh well found out new things anyways. kept it runnin long enuff to have fun!!!:biglaugh:

metalstudman1
06-23-2011, 08:51 PM
Glad to hear you finally took it out from under the tarp!!! Just for info's sake- find a new location for the battery and upgrade to a MUCH less expensive lawnmower battery that has WAY more cranking amps and availability for around $20. (Walmart) a car plug wire will work with the screw on sparkplug tip.

gunluvinfull
06-24-2011, 12:22 PM
I never thought of that thanx

gunluvinfull
06-24-2011, 01:10 PM
problem is it seems the wire is molded into the coil you mean just get a new tip for it? wouldn't ya know just changed all the wires and plugs on the truck and threw em all out/

metalstudman1
06-25-2011, 09:51 AM
Yes you'd probably throw old plugwires out! Both ends of the plugwire should be twist installed not permanently molded.- try untwisting the end for removal.The over rubber cap my be heatshrunk but should slide off when you twist it. I was referring to the sparkplug end.Your plug wire now is set-up for the threads on the end of the plug to stay secured by a small C-clip, that grips the threads.On an automotive plugwire the smooth tapered plug end is secured with a wide C-clip- that smooth/tapered end is threaded on the plug. I've replaced a plugwire with an old one off my Harley-just had to unscrew the tip off another automotive style sparkplug and screw it on the sparkplug on the buggy.Did that make sense?

gunluvinfull
06-26-2011, 11:01 AM
yes it seems as tho I am missinf the plug cap.