PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Alabama!

Rolltider2002
07-03-2011, 10:26 PM
Hey guys, I am new to go karts here. I just purchased my first one from my nahbor for 100 bucks. Its a Manco 606 Magnum Express with a Suburu Robin 6.5 hp 169cc engine. Doesn't look like there is alot of wear and tear. But it has been sitting still for a couple years. There is alot of rust on the drivin units and also the chain is pretty bad off. I have it soakin in oil to see if I can salvage it. I have changed all the fluids and spark plug. I have cleaned the carb. I still need to get gaskets for the carb. There was one on the back end that was torn. Everything turns, but it doesn't crank. Seems to not be getting a spark. Anyway, I am sure I will talk to ya'll soon seeing I probably am goin to need ALOT of advice. LOL. Here are a couple pics. 1286

metalstudman1
07-04-2011, 02:28 AM
Welcome-Nice kart-especially for $100.!!!! Verify that the kill switch isn't on- I believe there's 2, one up front and one on the engine.No spark issues can be very simple to fix.
Pull the side cover/sheetmetal off the engine and verify the coil is still plugged in ,look for rust/oxidation on the armature,too little or no air gap for the coil, check the plugwire for bare spots/chaffing. Let us know how it goes.

Rolltider2002
07-04-2011, 02:43 AM
Definitly rust on the armature, and also the magnet and round part the armature makes contact with (what is that called?) I have taken sand paper and took most the rust off the armature but there is really no hope for the other peice. It is all rusted.

gunluvinfull
07-08-2011, 02:26 PM
Hi Rolltider, I thought I got a good deal on my Spiderbox it is like new also but $100.00? Come on you stole that kart. Very nice looking Kart. Man the engine looks brand new. well for 100 bucks you sure got alot of wiggle room to get it runnin and buy some goodies for it huh? Nice to meet you. I'm in Ohio. Lets see more pics when ya get er dun!!! I believe that part is called the pickup coil or magneto?

Rolltider2002
07-08-2011, 11:08 PM
Thanks gunluvinfull... I really didn't know how much a kart goes for till I started lookin up parts and stuff for this one. I was very lucky. The nahbors were movin and didn't want to haul the thing around. I'm having some carb issues with it tho. I can't find any place to get kits for Mikuni carb it has. Also missing the choke lever, but I think I have something I can rig up for that. You have a cool Kart there also.

gunluvinfull
07-10-2011, 11:58 AM
Thank You I hope for it to be much cooler when I get done with what I would like to do with it. If I ever do!! I am hooked on this stuff now!!!

gunluvinfull
07-10-2011, 04:27 PM
wish I had some neighbors that were moving. Dang you got one h@@@@ll of a deal so whats the latest concensus? get er runnin yet? what engine is that again? OIC sorry.

gunluvinfull
07-10-2011, 04:30 PM
does that engine have points in it? I heard those engines are the bomb. I read where one guy had his turning 10,000 rpm no problem for it at all. That is like a cloned wisconsin engine? does it have the cast iron cylinder too? my friend just bought a Manco for his daughter dang those are nice carts. you should have some serious fun with that!!!!

gunluvinfull
07-10-2011, 04:40 PM
Ya know the frame ain't way to much different than a spiderbox frame. I still can't believe ya got it for 100 bucks. man!!!!

metalstudman1
07-11-2011, 12:31 AM
Hate to differ with you gunluvinfull -The Manco 606 is a heck of a good kart but ain't even close to the Spiderbox frame.

gunluvinfull
07-11-2011, 10:37 AM
Ni I meant it kinda by looks resembles one thats all. I see there are alot of differences but it kinda looks a little like one that's all I meant. I know nothing of how they are both built or anything. :)

Rolltider2002
07-11-2011, 02:12 PM
You and my both Gun! Looks like I am missing the choke lever. I am able to get it to crank for a second when I add gas straight to the carb. But also, there are to cracked gaskets on the front and back of the carb also. I dont know if that makes a diff. But I think I can make a mod choke lever no prob. Just a matter of gettin out there to do it. =0)

gunluvinfull
07-11-2011, 09:07 PM
been so hot up here with the humidity I can't even stand it outside for 5 minutes and i sweat like a pig!!. Never thought I would say I wish it would cool down a little but then again b4 the divorce i had a swimmin pool!!! :)

Rolltider2002
07-12-2011, 07:26 AM
You think you have humidity. HAHA. It is 95 plus here with humidity and real feel temp gets up to 105 plus. I SIT outside and smoke a cigg and I pour sweat. LOL. So, I know how you feel. Sorry to hear about the D word. I've been there, done that, but didn't have a pool. =0/

Rolltider2002
07-12-2011, 07:28 AM
Today is my only off day, so I am goin to spend 4 hours on the buggy. If I don't figure out the carb thing then I plan to atleast get the driven units cleaned and put back together.

Rolltider2002
07-12-2011, 10:26 AM
Ok, so I am sweatin my b***s off, and I think I might have found the problem.... To much oil. When I drained the oil, I guess I must not have gotten it all, and then the manual said it takes 20 oz. So, I put 20 in. Why I never thought about checkin it again, I dunno, i'm human. LOL.

gunluvinfull
07-12-2011, 11:09 AM
to much oil? depending on how much to much I guess!!! yeah yer in Bama I forgot I bet it is hot down there. I got my buggy ready to rock and roll just gotta get all the scrap off the truck now. I told ya about there was no gearbox drain plug didnt I? also the main oil drain plug was finger tight. I guess the dude I bought it from thought it would be funny . I hate Di*****ks like that. I drove it a couple hrs with no gearbox oil in it I hope i did no damage but then again I should have went over all of it after I bought it. Have a great day Rolltider get that buggy runnin maybe we could meet half way thru the woods some day!!! LMAO

Rolltider2002
07-12-2011, 08:51 PM
I'm just missing a darn fuel hose!!!! Thank god!

Rolltider2002
07-12-2011, 08:54 PM
HAHA...I knew it was a fuel problem... I spent the first four hours today cleanin TC and drivin unit, and was about to give up. I pretty much dismantled this engine. LOL. I am looking online right now at some diagrams of the engine and realize I only have one hose coming out of my tank to carb. There should be 2! At least the engine will get a good clean before I put it back together and a hose should only be 5 dollars tops.

Rolltider2002
07-18-2011, 08:40 PM
Tomorrow is the day I get this kart running! I feel it!!!

metalstudman1
07-18-2011, 11:13 PM
Love the enthusiasm!!! Best of luck

Rolltider2002
07-19-2011, 03:39 PM
No luck! Gosh, everything looks good on this motor. New gaskets on the carb, that was the only thing that was bad. I wasn't able to get all the jet ports out of the carb to clean. Some seemed to be in there pretty good. That cant be a good thing. I am thinking that there is just corrosion in those ports that A) wont allow me to take em out, and B) clogged so no fuel is gettin through. Can anyone spare 89 bucks. J/K =)

metalstudman1
07-19-2011, 10:32 PM
Man- I feel sorry for you but not $89. dollars worth!! If I had that type of carb I'd just give it to you-Add another $20. to that $89. and you can get a new honda clone from Harbor freight- all the parts for them are readily available cheap. All your stress would be gone & it should bolt right up.

Rolltider2002
07-20-2011, 11:40 PM
I might have to look into that... Last ditch effort, I am soaking the carb in gas.