PDA

View Full Version : manco motor upgrade ?????

mancovortex
09-25-2011, 10:30 PM
I ws wondering what a good 4 stroke motor is for a 2 seater manco it has a 6.h on it now but it just lacks power no matter what i do i was thinking about a 16hp upgrade would that weight to much i plan on taking the govonr off on anything i get i see on youtube people using 13hp honda but they are not to much lighter than the 16hp motor

mancovortex
09-26-2011, 01:52 AM
oh and i know i will have to do some fab work and get a new clutch maybe a gas tank relocition

joshstep1
09-26-2011, 10:12 AM
I had a Manco Vortex for about four years and I burned through the Robin 6.5 hp engine that it came with, so when it came time for a new engine, I got a B&S 9hp. That engine was GREAT. However, I had to cut the exhaust pipe and re-weld it so the muffler was pointed out, not back. Otherwise, it hit the frame, but other than that, it was a great engine. I sold the go kart in Sep. 2009 and got an ASW Carbide, which I'm still driving :)

mancovortex
10-02-2011, 08:42 PM
josh how much do you weigh and did you have a passenger a 9hp sounds small if you pull around even 200 pounds more than the already 400 pound go kart