PDA

View Full Version : Yerf Dog go cart fix up thread

98Murray
10-01-2011, 03:43 PM
I have a Yerf Dog 6.5 hp go cart that I have decided to fix up. It has beeen sitting for a few years and needs some cleaning. So far I have taken the carb apart and cleaned it but I need to get a primer bulb. When I get my primer bulb I will let yall know if it works. I dont think it will work though cause Im not very good at cleaning carbs. Heres some pics of my Yerf Dog

metalstudman1
10-02-2011, 12:11 AM
Start shopping for the manual choke version carb-about $85. the primer bulb ones are just constant trouble and unreliable.

98Murray
10-14-2011, 06:44 PM
I got my primer bulb yesterday and cleaned the carb. It didnt run so I cleaned the carb 2 more times and it still doesent run. I can start it but it will only run for a few seconds but then it will die so I am going to buy a carb kit and rebuild the carb and hopefully it will run.

joshdudra
10-20-2011, 03:15 PM
yeah check the float and needle valve.. i have the same cart

98Murray
11-10-2011, 11:02 AM
Well I havent got the parts yet but here is a video of my Yerf Dog.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a400WQOL_gQ

x-bird
11-10-2011, 10:41 PM
Hello and welcome ... I'm finding that mine does the same thing until it has warmed up a bit. although it only started doing this a couple weeks ago after i gave it a mild porting and a homemade stub header. I give it a few pumps of the bulb, start it, then just lightly blip the throttle lever on top of the carb for about 15-20 seconds. Once i've started riding, it doesn't stall. upping the idle doesn't help--just makes for a runaway cart! the rearmost screw holding the air cleaner base also seals the primer circuit, i'm thinking a bit of liquid teflon on the screw may be in order. Have fun on keep it on all four!

speedshopmike
11-12-2011, 03:50 PM
the problem is your cooler is too small.