PDA

View Full Version : Yerf dog spiderbox upgrade ideas

dictionary6767
10-02-2011, 04:16 PM
I have the yerf dog spiderbox what engine and cosmetic upgrades could I do? So far I have a high air flow filter and upgrade cylinder head? Any tips are greatly appreciated!

ckau
10-02-2011, 06:39 PM
You got a high flow head and better air in but it doesn't do much good if you can't get the air out! The stock spiderbox exhaust is very restrictive when you modify the head and intake setup.
You can gut the stock muffler = good.
Replace the muffler with a straight through design = better
Replace the whole exhaust system with a custon built or one of the hammerhead exhausts = best.
If you really want to get the most out of the air tract system, then after the exhaust install a 30mm pumper carb.
You do need to rejet after making any changes. If you didn't correct jetting after the Air filter or head install, you are running lean and run the risk of over heating the motor.

dictionary6767
10-02-2011, 09:47 PM
If I gut the stock exhaust will it be louder? Since I ride in a residental area it has to be quit. Also the hammerhead muffle would I need a welder to mount it? I don't have a welder and thanks for the help

ckau
10-04-2011, 05:20 PM
Yea, it will be louder. Any straight through design muffler is going to be louder. The price you pay for power!:lol:
You don't have to weld the aftermarket muffler on, it can clamp on. You will need a reducer from the 1.1/4 muffler inlet down to a stock 7/8 dia pipe. This reducer should be welded to the pipe.

dictionary6767
10-04-2011, 06:19 PM
Were can I get a hammerhead muffler?

ckau
10-04-2011, 08:30 PM
Were can I get a hammerhead muffler?

Banner at the top of the page, SYC Powersports! Call Tom