PDA

View Full Version : i need help

joshdudra
10-22-2011, 06:19 PM
hello.. i went riding today in my yerf dog 3203 and had a blast. when i got back and was getting ready to put it away for the night it would stall and die when i hit the throttle, whats going on? i checked the plug, cleaned the carb. i think its the govner causing this but im not really sure.. can i bypass this? its a 6.5 tecumseh. any help would be great.. thanks

metalstudman1
10-22-2011, 09:49 PM
By passing the govenor on a Tecumseh isn't recommended nor will improve your performance.Was it warmed up when it was stalling? When you say you cleaned the carb- you removed it and blew /cleaned all the orifices out? Did you verify good fuel flow from the tank? It only takes a very small piece of trash to cause an issue. Check the small springs attached to the throttle and governor to verify they're all connected.Does your carb have a primer bulb?

joshdudra
10-22-2011, 10:49 PM
ya it sure does. and yes it was warm when it started stalling out. i checked the springs and one of them is missing.. should i repalce it? i cleaned the carb with cleaner and air plus replaced the fuel line.air filter looks pretty new.oh yeah new spark plug with the correct gap and heat range.. im sure its the spring that is "mia" but it was running so well till this happend.. funny thing is i was about a mile from the garage when it started cutting out, yet still got me home..lol

metalstudman1
10-22-2011, 10:53 PM
Yes you should replace the spring especially if it's the long one with the elongated hook that attaches to the govenor.Without it the throttle will want to close or pulsate from vacuum without the govenor opening enough.

joshdudra
10-23-2011, 01:04 PM
where would be a good place to order it from? i also wanted to ask if a 8 hp briggs would bolt right up?

metalstudman1
10-23-2011, 04:47 PM
Take pic of your linkage/springs still on the engine so I can help figure out which on is missing unless the piece below is it.This is the spring clip that couples the govenor and throttle. Never had to order the springs ,so I don't know where to shop. Don't have any of these type engines anymore. Some 8hp with 3/4" crankshaft will fit,3/4" shaft is important so all your exiisting parts will fit back on. Pay attenyion to how your gas tank sits in the kart to verify the 8hp engine doesn't cause conflicts with the frame/rack.