PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Florida

yellokart68
11-07-2011, 11:46 AM
How's it going everyone,New to the site and just saying hi.:) I just went out and got a manco gokart,Model 906c-4.The kart's in great shape,but it doesen't have a engine.I ride motorcycles with a bunch of guys that also ride 4-wheelers,And i was wondering is it possible to get a gokart engine that would put out enough power to keep up with them,or is that just not do-able? I also have a line on a 600cc motorcycle engine,Which would be realy cool:biglaugh:,but Am realy not sure on what all would be needed for that kind of modification.Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated,thanks:)

x-bird
11-07-2011, 04:32 PM
Welcome aboard, relatively new here myself, but there's an amazing group here. start looking through the mini buggy, go kart and frankenbuggy thread's--there's no end to what you can build with these, take a look at others and let the merriment begin!

yellokart68
11-07-2011, 08:37 PM
Thanks,I'll probably do that:)

metalstudman1
11-07-2011, 09:55 PM
Welcome- Why bother with a go kart motor- just get an ATV engine (you'll have reverse) and put that on it and then you'll keep up with the buddies!!!

yellokart68
11-08-2011, 10:46 AM
Thanks,metalstudman1,That's a good idea too,I realy like the motorcycle engine idea,But i'm also trying to take into account the weight,Availability,Cost & of course The difficulty level of each engine.I've been looking at some of your creations,They are truly amazeing,Wish i had your talent:)