PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Richmond, Michigan

disstudem
11-25-2011, 10:13 AM
Hello all newbie here. been into off roading my whole life. just got my first buggy though. its a 2 seater manco silver fox gokart dune buggy. i have big plans for this kart, soon to be a single seater mini buggy. i'm gonna be combining my 85 quad sport and this gokart together and see where it takes me lol. i will start posting pic's from begining to end on this project, so stay tuned lol

SYCARMS
11-25-2011, 10:51 PM
Welcome to the addiction.

TOM

tmsandk11
11-26-2011, 10:50 PM
welcome

disstudem
11-27-2011, 08:52 AM
Thanks guys. think i might be starting this project sooner then i thought lol. the kart keeps eating up belts. the buggy is a little jumpy on take offs. it feels like it might be slipping a little until you get going. i'm gonna have to get to the bottom of it lol

tmsandk11
11-27-2011, 12:02 PM
Some possible causes, broken variator fan, worn out or stuck rollers/sliders, worn/burnt clutch, wrong size belt, clogged vent causing too much heat, pitting on the metal surfaces.

disstudem
11-27-2011, 12:57 PM
i'm pretty sure its not any thing to do with the motor seeing its brand new. i did notice when the motor is running the primary clutch looks like its out of balance a little bit. i haven't really took a good look at any pitting or any thing yet but will do. the first belt broke the same day a guy from Ohio traded me it for my 250sx three wheeler. i went and bought the second one and it lasted for about 4 good rides before it burned up. just shreds them to pices. i noticed the belt might have a little more play then recomened to. since this is my first buggie i'm not even sure how to adjust the belt tension. i'm open to any advice. thanks in advance

SYCARMS
11-29-2011, 11:46 PM
Can't say I ever worked on the Manco Silver Fox, what engine do you have?
TOM

metalstudman1
11-30-2011, 08:39 AM
Welcome- Your clutch just needs to be cleaned and lubed- also check for pulley alignment with the driven unit. A small mis-alignment will cause pre-mature belt failure. Check this link for instructions and explainations of your CVT system: http://www.*****************/asymapp.htm

disstudem
11-30-2011, 08:57 AM
Alright will do that. thanks for the link. i have the 6.5, 212cc predator motor on it as of right now. what a big difference from the honda knock off 6.5, 196cc that came with it

disstudem
04-09-2014, 07:09 PM
Wow it's been for ever since I posted any thing here. I finally just decided I had enough of the kids kart. After tearing up multiple belts, a brand new Norman racing clutch and wrecking 3 six inch rims. I decided to make my silver fox into a more adult style buggy. I cut the front end clean off the silver fox. Then my quad sport. Matted them together. Then as we all no life gets busy. Winter came and I bought a new sled so I didn't work on it for about a year. Now I'm back at it. If you want to check out some of my build pics, check out my albums. Cheers guys

bear
04-09-2014, 09:22 PM
And the beat goes on!!! nice to meet you for the "first" time!

disstudem
04-10-2014, 04:45 AM
The same goes for you bear.

2SlickNick
04-10-2014, 07:15 AM
Welcome back. Look forward to seeing more progress.

disstudem
04-11-2014, 06:24 PM
Thanks2 slicknick. Ya it's been a minute lol. It's still gonna be a some what slow build as money's a little tight. I do have a couple goodies on the way though. Still trying to decide if I want to go with my srv 540 motor or my phazer.