PDA

View Full Version : would like to become a chinese atv,buggy,and bike dealer

speedster
11-29-2011, 04:03 PM
Hello. I have a store here in the houston area and would like to start to sell and service a chinese atv line. if anyone has any ideas as to what would be a prefered brand or style to go after. any help will be appreciated. thanks

yerftexas
11-29-2011, 10:36 PM
You want to sell mini buggy

speedster
11-30-2011, 11:02 AM
yea, we have a helix 150 now, so im partial to the buggys, but would like to carry a wide selection of diferent types of atvs, parts, and accesories.

BuggyMaster
11-30-2011, 05:38 PM
Just beware of what you are getting into. It's a tough business.

bige
12-07-2011, 08:34 AM
yes it is a very very competive biz. unless you have at least 500k to invest/throw away then I would think twice about it. It will take alot of money for product which you will have top pay cash for since no one floor plans anymore, have liability insurance, fire, theft, flood also. rent, utilites, taxes state and fed. regester with the state for sales tax and company formation, operating capital to run you at least 1 year etc etc etc

SYCARMS
12-09-2011, 01:32 AM
It is tough times now with Carter, Kinroad and Joyner out of the picture and Roketa is not bringing in their most popular models. Hammerheads are now being sold on the web. The only company I can think of is ASW or XY Powersports. XY has floor planning as well as consummer financing but only have 500cc and up buggies and are a higher end buggy. To bring your own in is tricky requires a big bank roll and you must carry tort insurance which when I checked into it was at minimum 25,000 per year. One thing thats needed are service providers for the buggies since 98% of the large shops and dealers won't touch them. But you will have to give top notch service or you won't make it. Not trying to discourage you but you need to think long and hard, have the funds, a plan with 2-3 backup plans. Many strong small dealers have since 2008 ceased to exhist and those of us still here are either struggling or just making it.

bige
12-12-2011, 11:49 AM
amen on that Tom. november was my secound slowest month this year

SYCARMS
12-12-2011, 03:01 PM
Two things to hold off on right now is starting a business and retiring.