PDA

View Full Version : New guy with large 150cc kart

MaxTolar
12-11-2011, 06:03 PM
Hey guys, I just recieved and put together my new Tao Tao large 150cc go kart. I'm really into modding things and hope to do some work on this buggy to spice it up a little bit. I just thought i'd stop by and introduce myself since I will be researching on this site and possibly asking questions. So far i've had a blast in it, and hope to have it for a long time.

Here is a pic of my buggy (yes I know the front wheels are on the wrong sides, I put them on when it was dark and freezing outside and didn't realize I did it until I took the pic. I'll get those switched around asap though.) :D

http://i40.tinypic.com/15sau50.jpg

AceFab
12-26-2011, 06:36 PM
Good looking buggy, should be lots-o-fun.

twalton
12-26-2011, 06:39 PM
whats the brand on that buggy? looking for one

metalstudman1
12-26-2011, 11:13 PM
Welcome to the addiction! Nice buggy, let us know how the Tao-Tao performs.

tmsandk11
12-27-2011, 12:17 AM
turn the rears backwards and she'll be a sand buggy:)

MaxTolar
12-27-2011, 09:01 AM
whats the brand on that buggy? looking for one

It is a Tao Tao. Chinese brand.

MaxTolar
12-27-2011, 09:04 AM
Thanks guys, so far it's been great. I did already have to replace the fuel filter (had a little pin point hole in it) and I replaced the crappy battery it came with and put in a new sealed non maintenance battery. Other than that it has been great. It does rattle a little more than my liking, but once all this snow melts i'll get out there and see if I can find where it's all coming from.

I did find out it has the "P" series GY6 engine, which is slightly different than the normal GY6. I guess the head on it is taller than normal with larger valves. I also read it puts out around 10hp while the normal GY6 puts out around 7hp. Sometime soon i'm still going to do an intake/exhaust/rejet but i'm broke after buying a ton of stuff for Christmas.

bige
12-27-2011, 09:41 AM
welcome, if the valve cover is held on by 2 bolts then it is a B series and the head, cam cylinder is different from the A series that are on most all the other buggys. so the A series engine parts will not interchange so be careful.

the cvt parts will interchange so thats a good thing

MaxTolar
12-27-2011, 10:02 AM
Mine actually has a 4 bolt valve cover on it, not sure what the real differences are between the 4 bolt and 2 bolt (besides there are obviously 4 bolts holding the valve cover on instead of 2). Since mine is a 4 bolt does that mean more of the parts (BB kits, heads, cam, ect..) are interchangable?

Yeah I reasearched and saw most parts arent interchangable, but then again all of the ones i've seen had the 2 bolt valve covers..

MaxTolar
12-27-2011, 03:56 PM
Thanks to member bige, I found out my 4 bolt engine is in fact compatible with normal GY6 parts, which is a very good thing.

Thanks for the info!