PDA

View Full Version : carbide 150cc gy6

zruss22
12-27-2011, 12:59 PM
Is there a way to bypass rev limiter that is in the cdi

BuggyMaster
12-27-2011, 02:49 PM
Believe it or not there's not much more to be had. The Carbide has a DC based CDI so be sure to get the right one. Talk to Tom at www.SYCPowersports.com (or just click the link at the top of the page) and he can direct you where to get it from. We have done a few tests with the CDI's with no rev limiter and we gained 2 mph consistently on the top end on a long stretch. Track attack test netted no gains because there wasn't enough gained to be measured in time trials.

Bootboy1488
12-27-2011, 02:50 PM
you can purchase CDIs that are adjustable. http://www.sycpowersports.com/index.asp try this site out.

joshstep1
12-28-2011, 03:38 PM
What they said. There's not much you can do. I have a "no rev" CDI and that's as good as you'll get.

rocko
01-01-2012, 05:40 AM
What I think he was sayings is , the no rev limited CDI isn't going to make a whole lot of difference for him ------------- I have put the adjustable and the no limit CDI on my Crossfire 150 which has the GY6 in it , I seen no difference at all in either one , the pinkish /orange colored one I got from one of the links on these threads last 5 minutes and burned up , it was supposively the correct AC version , the company sent me another one after I sent mine back for them to test it , that took about 5 weeks for all that to happen , it is sitting here , brand new , never used and will probally never be used ----------- if the CDI went out I would buy one but to buy one for a performance enhancement , I don't think it is worth it

SYCARMS
01-05-2012, 06:32 AM
American Sport Works has 2 cdi's in which one is a kids version which limits the buggy to between 20-25mph. If speed in that range is your problem then you will need the other cdi available. Many will swear that a performance cdi will increase heaps of power and speed. The cdi has several functions which include timming of spark, length of spark, and limits the rpm within the powerband. Removing the rev limit will not increase power or make you go faster since you will be operating outside your powerband which on a stock engine is usually peaked at 7500rpm. The performance cdi is bennificial after doing some serious engine upgrades. I have yet to find an adjustable cdi that worked properly. A dc cdi is superior to the ac cdi since the spark duration is naturally longer resulting in a more complete burn of the fuel. When purchasing a performance cdi for say a polaris or honda atv their will be specs which one spec will be the duration of spark measured in megajewels. The more mods to engine the more megajewels will help increase performance. The chinese have not figured this out yet. Some cdi's will come with a graph on the packageing which looks impressive but just what it means is a mystery. A cdi in our buggies can only control about 3 degrees total timming. I do a lot of time runs over 300 ft. and have found improvements with an ac cdi but not yet with the dc cdi, except with the intergraded cdi coil set up.