PDA

View Full Version : brand spanking new rookie

locohead
12-28-2011, 08:02 PM
Hi All,
My boys have been begging for a couple of years to help them build a go cart. I lack the skills. They built a really cool and super heavy body out of wood last year - way too heavy for a go cart. Now it is a cool place to hide during their air-soft gun wars. They got a used 6hp tecumseh (did I butcher the spelling?) for Christmas. Man are they having fun! I have been wanting to learn small engines now for years. Looks like I'll get my chance now. Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting to know you all. I found this site trying to Google a solution to my first problem. I'll try to find the appropriate forum and post there. Ciao!

shootistpd27
12-28-2011, 08:36 PM
I am just as brand spankin new as you when it comes to karts but don't worry about the skills. Three things that you have to remember about small engines and you will be able to work on any of them. The need air, fire, and fuel. Pay attention to those three building blocks and your good. If air and fire are there, then fuel is the answer, etc, yada yada yada. I have only been on here for about three days and I have been helped a lot. My problem is not fixing whats wrong, but mainly knowing the nomenclature.
Good luck with your boys, I have a three year old little girl who got me into this addiction, if you can get the karts out of your head at work, let me know how, this is killing my concentration.

tmsandk11
12-28-2011, 09:27 PM
Welcome and don't worry you will be small engine savvy before you know it,

locohead
12-29-2011, 07:36 PM
Thanks guys!

SYCARMS
12-29-2011, 10:09 PM
Welcome to the addiction guy's

metalstudman1
12-29-2011, 10:48 PM
Welcome- how old are the boys?

locohead
12-30-2011, 09:38 AM
Hi sycarms, hi metals. My boys are 11 and 14. Girls are 15, 9, 6, and 18 months. This cool little 2 seated manco we just got is great. We will need another soon! If I can learn enough, I'd love to buy a welder and get started ASAP. Thanks for the hello guys. We've been wanting to do this for a couple of years now. I really like this board. X-bird has already helped me resolve a couple issues. Thanks for the pointers on Air,Fire,Fuel. I'll drill that into my brain. :-)

SYCARMS
12-31-2011, 01:40 PM
Of all the buggy forums out there this forum has I believe the most diverse knowlege base of all. And the people of this forum are great, no cut throats and very family oriented which is what this sport is all about. The Buggymaster has done a great job in keeping it this way with the help of some great Moderators.

TOM