PDA

View Full Version : hello from south Louisiana

vector6.0
01-23-2012, 06:32 PM
I'm new to go-kart's/buggy's and i got my 9yr old one for christmas that she loves.I'm going to be asking lots of questions trying to get everything i can out of this buggy.Please be patient with me:biglaugh:

drillpvt
01-23-2012, 06:44 PM
Welcome ! new myself however lots of info on this site and everyone is very helpful !
Enjoy the ride

metalstudman1
01-23-2012, 06:48 PM
Welcome

AceFab
01-23-2012, 08:33 PM
Welcome to the forum! I had my girls in karts when they were 5 and 7 and they are both in their mid-20's now and still tell me how much fun they had with the karts and are some of their best memories growing up.

vector6.0
01-24-2012, 09:28 AM
Welcome to the forum! I had my girls in karts when they were 5 and 7 and they are both in their mid-20's now and still tell me how much fun they had with the karts and are some of their best memories growing up.

I hope i get the same feedback.We are looking into lifting it,because she's bottoming out on the chain guard and getting stuck.And she wants reverse and lights and bigger rims/tires....It's going to be a project.

drillpvt
01-24-2012, 10:22 AM
They out grow them so fast ! Even tho i put a 110 cc in my 9 year old sons cart he out drives it ! , He loves it when daddy lets him take the 150 cross fire out and run it. The 110 cc mini shark was great for him to learn on and get a good feel but the 150 he drives like a champ. So you mite not want to spend the money on the little buggy but save for the next step up ! Thats just me , 4 kids 24 to 9 years old and have gone threw my fare share of parts and buggies !

vector6.0
01-24-2012, 10:51 AM
They out grow them so fast ! Even tho i put a 110 cc in my 9 year old sons cart he out drives it ! , He loves it when daddy lets him take the 150 cross fire out and run it. The 110 cc mini shark was great for him to learn on and get a good feel but the 150 he drives like a champ. So you mite not want to spend the money on the little buggy but save for the next step up ! Thats just me , 4 kids 24 to 9 years old and have gone threw my fare share of parts and buggies !

You have a valid point.We looked at the quantum when we were getting the part to replace the needle bearing and she liked it.

Rarerat
01-24-2012, 11:01 AM
Welcome

metalstudman1
01-24-2012, 01:59 PM
drillpvt has is right!!! My daughter got her first @ 4 yrs. old. Went from 50cc to 110cc in one month- Then to a full size go kart in 7 months, to an adult buggy in 1-1/2 yrs @ 7yrs. old. If they have the skills for driving they get bored "Real Fast". I understand economics and the cost involved in upgrading these toys- IMO your next move should be a buggy you and her both can drive. Sell the Vector while it's still in decent shape to get the most $ in a stock form. You can NEVER get your return on the mod's.
I also understand the need/pleasure to modify, fix it even when it's not broke!!! and try to improve on the factories efforts.