02-12-2012, 04:44 PM
Got this yerfdog found with the 150cc going to look at it
after work mon. Are parts out there for it? They think it
needs an a arm or ball joint just throwin this out there
to hear what you think. Runs good just needs some part
for the front end. Asking 300 good price

drillpvt
02-12-2012, 05:58 PM
good price , and yes parts are all over the place for it!

metalstudman1
02-12-2012, 08:34 PM
I guess we can go ahead and welcome you to the SPIDERBOX addiction club!!!!!

lonniehall72@yahoo.com
02-12-2012, 09:08 PM
I haven't but seen pics of these yerf dogs so the jury is still
out. He's going to call about the part it needs on the front end
but if it runs as well as he says I'm gonna take it. I have been
told the front ends suck but since it's my daughter it should be
fine she hasn't found her need for speed yet!!!!! I'm hoping
I'll like this engine since I take it it's not a gy6 some 7.5 any
way I let y'all know after work

metalstudman1
02-12-2012, 09:37 PM
It's a GY6!! 150cc is what they are and 7.8 is the advertised hp

lonniehall72@yahoo.com
02-13-2012, 07:18 PM
Went to take a look at the yerf dog 32093 didn't turn out the way I hoped the grandpa said the last time it ran was about a month ago and the float stuck he took the carb off that info the dad who is selling didn't know since it was left at grandpa's any way it's been out side with a towel over the intake. Well it's rained and I'm sure there has been a little moister in the cylinder. It does need the drivers side lower ball joint and atleast carb rebuild posible new carb. Worst case a new engine and I've seen those for 250$. I figure I been planning a franken buggy build and I can get the carbide running really cheap bone yard has to start somewhere I offered 250$ thinking that it would be easier than building a frame. He called 3 hours later and said he would take the offer rather than fix it and sell it.
I tried to down load the manuals but my wifes CPU is not letting me I have to call for prices for carb kit gonna talk to Tom syc first and ball joint hoping it's gonna run so we play a little before I get started cutting and welding

metalstudman1
02-13-2012, 07:47 PM
$250. is a great price!!! maybe this link will upload - http://www.yerf-dog.com/manuals/32093-42093.pdf same as all the Spiderbox model (only change I'm aware of was "even" and "uneven" A-arms & single seat version) The carbs are pretty cheap to buy if you can't find a cheap kit. BMI has stock ball joints, Buggy Depot has the HD version. Get us a pic when you get it home

Prather.YerfDog
02-14-2012, 01:37 PM
I need some help! Is there anybody else making replacement axles other than buggy depot? My Brother bought the HD Axle and I do not like the design. The stock axle is terrible.....Any ideas??????

x-bird
02-14-2012, 03:00 PM
Nope, this is where us yerfies are SOL. There are nice tubular chrome-moly blanks up to 44 inches that are widely available in either plain or key-way. From that point though, you've gotta figure out how to get sprockets, brackets, bearings and hubs on them. I was thinking about this issue last night. One thing i may look into is thin wall DOM tubing of 2 to 2.5 OD. If i can find some lightweight saddles and bearings big enough, it wouldn't be too hard to put a brake and sprocket hub on something that size and keep them concentric. For the wheel hubs, i'd cut off the splined portion plus some extra, weld that into a nice fat spacer that would fit in the end of the big tube and get plug welded in place. The upside would be a pretty much bulletproof axle. Downside is i have no idea if the parts i imagine even exist ....

metalstudman1
02-14-2012, 03:47 PM
If you don't have access to tools (welder) you have no choices other than the stock & HD version. I used another manufactures axle assembly (Jehm) to get our's durable and easy to maintain(no custom parts).IMO- It's cheaper to find another type buggy (bad engine or wrecked) and use their parts than to buy separate pieces. Axles with multiple keyways or hexagon type provide the widest range of versatility. These let you use clamp style hubs/carriers and spacers without trying to match the never ending arrangement/sizing of splines. Finding bearings & holders/flangettes is far easier than hubs & sprocket/brake carriers.

Prather.YerfDog
02-14-2012, 05:43 PM
Thanks to you both! I was figuring that was where I was heading.

Prather.YerfDog
02-15-2012, 06:19 PM
hey metalstudman1, in your opinion what is the smallest OD axle shaft you would use on a yerf dog 3206? I have spent my day researching axles and I have found several, but it appears the required miscelaneous stuff, ie. Brake/sprocket/wheel hubs, are abundant in 1" stock with key ways. Any thoughts?

x-bird
02-15-2012, 06:36 PM
ckau races his spiderbox, he put up a complete parts list for making one up with a 1" axle blank the other day ...

http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2626

Prather.YerfDog
02-15-2012, 06:51 PM
If he's racing on a 1" axle thats good enugh for me.....Its great to get quick feed back.

metalstudman1
02-15-2012, 07:15 PM
My comment would 've been to follow ckau's version with the 3rd bearing too.

lonniehall72@yahoo.com
02-15-2012, 09:00 PM
Ok I'm looking at buggy depot but they have third generation, and 1 and 2 generation uneven spindels I have a 32093 which do I want or what do I have 1 2 or 3 generation think I'm gonna get these HD ball joints and save myself that head ache wanting to get spindles to plz let me know which it is soon to get the order out. Yeh I'm gonna wait and see about the carb hope I can clean it and the engine out. I've got a motor on the line with reverse but it's a long drive so let's see

xlint89
02-15-2012, 10:29 PM
Sorry for the hi jack, but I have 2 simple Yerf dog Q's, figured this should be the thread to ask in.

1. What oil are you guys using in the final drive gears? Online manual I have says 4 OZs.80W90. There's a sticker on the engine that says 15W40

The oil I drained looks to be 15W40

2. Where do you fill the gear lube???? I see the drain plug, but there's no other bolt to fill it with.

3. Can the Howhit engine be bored for a 62mm piston? The wall is extremely thin by the timing chain already.

Thanks

xlint89
02-18-2012, 12:31 AM
Sorry for the hi jack, but I have 2 simple Yerf dog Q's, figured this should be the thread to ask in.

1. What oil are you guys using in the final drive gears? Online manual I have says 4 OZs.80W90. There's a sticker on the engine that says 15W40

The oil I drained looks to be 15W40

2. Where do you fill the gear lube???? I see the drain plug, but there's no other bolt to fill it with.

3. Can the Howhit engine be bored for a 62mm piston? The wall is extremely thin by the timing chain already.

GX150
02-18-2012, 09:52 AM
Standard gear oil is used in the final transmission. There is a fill bolt and drain bolt - Once you have drained the old oil, you open the fill bolt and add oil until it is at the level of the opening. I use an oil can pump to fill it.

Ask SycArms or Buggy Depot about boring your case for you.

xlint89
02-18-2012, 04:04 PM
Can you please tell me where the fill hole is?

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q601/xlint89/yerfq005.jpg

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q601/xlint89/yerfq004.jpg

And I don't think the Howhit CAN be bored...

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q601/xlint89/yerfq001.jpg

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q601/xlint89/yerfq003.jpg

x-bird
02-18-2012, 04:39 PM
on my carter engine it's straight off the end of the engine in line with the output shaft. The spiderbox manual has a picture that's not great and indicates that it's on the left side of the case. i downloaded another and the pic is better. it's on the tail of the case, two bolts above the drain bolt. there are two bolts (or a nut and a bolt) right next to each other--it's the innermost of the pair. In your first picture, it's the open hole on the right that has the largest flat area around it and is right in the middle of the vent run ... link to manuals .... http://www.yerf-dog.com/manuals.html

xlint89
02-18-2012, 05:43 PM
:hooaray: :hooaray: :hooaray:

Thanks for the CLEAR manual!!!!!!

That is it for sure.

THANK YOU

xlint89
02-18-2012, 11:53 PM
Changed out my gear lube tonight thanks to you guys.

The oil can trick worked great.

T3beatz
02-21-2012, 01:36 AM
Ok I'm looking at buggy depot but they have third generation, and 1 and 2 generation uneven spindels I have a 32093 which do I want or what do I have 1 2 or 3 generation think I'm gonna get these HD ball joints and save myself that head ache wanting to get spindles to plz let me know which it is soon to get the order out. Yeh I'm gonna wait and see about the carb hope I can clean it and the engine out. I've got a motor on the line with reverse but it's a long drive so let's see

did you figure out what generation you have? you never posted pics

1st and 2nd gen are uneven A-Arms, top longer than bottom where the ball joints mount.

3rd gen. are even.

Do you know how to weld??