PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with a baja mb200

Phatjoe
03-22-2012, 04:21 PM
Hey guys just picked up a baja mb200 for my girlfriend so she can ride with me and my bar stool racer, problem is she wants to go faster. It's got a 6.5 hensim motor and I know it has a governor or and and want to take the governor off, should I go that route and how do I remove it and do you have any other suggestions for speed

Yamsaab
03-22-2012, 08:09 PM
It's your choice whether you want to remove the governor or not. If you do it's probably pretty simple and there are tutorials all over the web on how to do it. I'm guessing it's a honda clone motor or a motor similar in design. I have an older model baja heat that also has a 6.5 hp motor but has a different engine brand. If I were you I'd be putting a torque converter on it for safe speed and added torque.

Phatjoe
03-22-2012, 09:34 PM
Thanks man I'll look into that

Yamsaab
03-22-2012, 09:55 PM
I Looked at that engine and it looks to be a honda clone. So if you were to remove the governor you might want to look into at least replacing the valve springs with 18lb springs to prevent valve float at the higher rpm. There's lots of info on modifying that type of motor on the internet and lots of parts available for doing it. Just be cautious about running the engine at 5000+ rpms for a long duration of time. They weren't designed to do that.