PDA

View Full Version : please help

bklynjoe
04-09-2012, 02:53 PM
I was just given a SLGK-125 (for my kids use) thing is I dont have the manual

It is missing the drive chain (can not find replacment part number or where/what to get.

also there is no chain tensioner and/or adjuster (dont know if it is needed or where/it goes and the part number as well)

can not find a copy (even to buy) of the manual on this model at all, anyone have one? know of where to obtain one? ETC.. any help whould be app! my kids are dying to ride this thing already

Joe

metalstudman1
04-09-2012, 05:58 PM
Buying chain by the foot or one that's too long is easy, a chain splitter is pretty cheap. You only need to know the chain pitch(usually #520/530). Post a pic of your buggy (rearend area) to see if this get's or needs a chain tensioner. Usually the engine is the tensioner, the horizontal big bolt/nut at the rear of the engine case (output sprocket area)on the swingarm.

bklynjoe
04-10-2012, 09:45 AM
i will take pics tonight

how do i know pitch (the chain is gone) the spacing on the sproket appers to be 1/2" center to center

did look at what you where talking about and it appers that you can ,move the motor up and down on the back bracket (is this what you where talking about?

this is all new to me (go Karts), however I am a motor head, I race snowmobiles, tear apart and rebuild motors, suspensions, centrifigal clutching etc..

Joe

metalstudman1
04-10-2012, 11:43 AM
You found the chain adjustment,that sounds like #50 chain with the pic I can tell you. You did correctly try to size the chain by measuring the distance between teeth- it should actually be 3/8" at the bottom of the teeth- the width is the next step to determine if it's #520 or #530- you can buy chain locally- Napa,Northen tools,Grainger, ect...
Have you tried to start it yet? Also pic's of your "new to you" buggy will let us see if anything else looks like it may need attention.

bklynjoe
04-12-2012, 02:11 PM
have not started it yet need to change fuel filter, drain gas tank and clean carb (someone filled it with premix and it appers to be like 30:1 cause it is real dark)

attached are the pics of the sprockets

metalstudman1
04-12-2012, 05:34 PM
It appears to be a #530. The caliper support bracket appears to be rubbing the disk rotor-not good, there should be at least an 1/8" gap- the caliper should float on the bracket. If they tried to run 2-stroke fuel , the engine is going to smoke for quite a while burning all of it out of the exhaust, and the carb will be all green on the inside!!!!

bklynjoe
04-13-2012, 12:43 PM
is #50 chain (they sell at tractor supply) the same as #530? where can i get the #530?
do I need a chain breaker to cut it to lengeth i need or is there another way to do this

how tight do you run the chain?
took carb off and yes it is all gummed up as I thought it would be, the fuel filter was almost completly clogged up (bearly able to blow thru it)

couple of other things maybe you can help with, the shift lights 1st and 3rd and reverse do not come on the only one is 2nd gear are those light (LED's) replacable or need new unit?

also the key switch doesnt work, put it nuetral and turn the key get nothing, jump out the starter (at the starter terminal and the relay in the electronics compartment and turns over. bad switch or relay? whats more common? or is ther sothing else i am missing

bklynjoe
04-13-2012, 03:31 PM
BTW. Am i doing somthing wrong, i have been looking at chains and it appers the if mine is 3/8" pitch then the chain would be first number starting with a "3" IE #35 #30 etc

thusd the #530 is 5/8" pitch

please advise (want to get this going for kids this weekend

Joe

metalstudman1
04-13-2012, 10:25 PM
What size engine is this-110cc?You're not doing anything wrong- you got the math right!!! You can verify the chain size- just take the engine sprocket off (remove the two 10mm bolts, rotate the retainer clip till it slides off) and compare it to the chains @ TSC on the shelf for exact pitch!!!

bklynjoe
04-17-2012, 10:48 AM
it was #40 chain, got it going! yea!
however I have to jump out the starter terminals to start it and choke it to shut it off. key switch does nothing any ideas what to look for to fix this

Joe