PDA

View Full Version : Question: Yerf dog 3206

htxtim
06-22-2012, 07:15 PM
Hello everyone. I'm new to the site...a lot of great info in here. I have a yerf dog 3206 and I'm about to replace the engine wire harness and stator. Included with the harness is a green wire that's about 6-8 inches long. I think one end is bolted to the engine. Can someone please tell me where the other end connects to? Thanks

metalstudman1
06-22-2012, 10:27 PM
Welcome-I've never bought a new harness but some manufacturers of stators give you an addional ground wire for the inside of the case if the stator connection/bolts isn't the ground, this would be connected to the steel plate on the stator and back to the engine casing.

htxtim
06-23-2012, 12:06 AM
Thanks for the info.

kliff
06-23-2012, 04:51 AM
I got a harness like that once, used it as a ground jumper from the engine, directly to the frame.

htxtim
06-24-2012, 11:29 PM
Thanks kliff. I appreciate the info. I replaced the stator, the engine wire harness, solenoid, rectifier, and the transistor. It started right up, fortunately. However, the rectifier gets hot at high rpms. Does anyone know if that is normal? Thanks for helping.

kliff
06-25-2012, 05:44 AM
That's why the rectifier is "finned," to dissipate heat. I've never really felt one, that I can remember, but I do know the process of changing currenet from AC to DC(rectifier) generates heat. I would mount it as close to an air flow as possible, as that will help cool it. But they are designed to cool/dissipate heat, with very little air flow. So, unless it is litterally SMOKING hot, I'd say you're OK.

htxtim
06-25-2012, 09:40 AM
Thanks, kliff.
I did have an issue with it melting the wire connection before, that's basically why I replaced the wire harness. I figured that there was an electric short somewhere. I have already relocated it to a location where it will get more air flow. Thanks for the great info again. Have a good one.