PDA

View Full Version : Help with locating part

bklynjoe
07-01-2012, 06:58 PM
Ihave a slgk 125 (110cc) kart
It was given to me for my kids to use so far I got most thing straightend out
What I figured out today (trouble shooting the electrical system and why it wouldn't start via key switch)
There is a cable that comes off the Motor that indicates what gear it's in slowing only starting in neutral that is bad, wires came apart right at the gear box sensor (can not be fixed) I need a new one
I can not find it anywhere and I don't know what it woud be called to do a search
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Joe

metalstudman1
07-01-2012, 07:45 PM
There's gotta be a way to by-pass that! Since most of them are semi-automatics there isn't a huge risk starting it in gear. The name for the part/sensor is probably "neutral safety switch" or "gear indicator".

bklynjoe
07-02-2012, 08:05 AM
I had tried that however when jumped out you can start it in gear (my kids will be using this and I don't want them to get hurt (Or hurt someone else)

Joe

metalstudman1
07-02-2012, 12:50 PM
I understand- if it's idling too high then transmission engagement may occur at start-up. I did by-pass the one on my daughters (110cc in a go kart) and put a brake safety swith on the pedal.

bklynjoe
07-03-2012, 06:06 PM
Not sure why but I did bypass it when I was testing it and just the. Starter motor without the Motor runing lurched The kart forward (its def not safe)
Th part also lights up the gear lights on the dash (1-3, neutral, and Rev)