PDA

View Full Version : Putting a 10lb bottle on my kenbar

Jae Money 850 $
07-27-2012, 05:43 PM
I have a kenbar sk956, that I'm doing a 7hp Briggs swap on, I have a full zex nitrous kit from a Honda del sol, with a 10lb bottle, if I remove the governor of my motor, will it blow? Since it does rev into higher RPM's

x-bird
07-28-2012, 06:04 AM
the issue with trying to juice a mower type engine isn't so much the revs but fuel delivery. how are you going to figure out how much extra gas you'll need and how are you going to feed it in when you're dumping the nitrous into it? without an injector setup you'd have to find a way to get the extra fuel in, otherwise you'd have to run a very rich jet which would kill the engine pretty quickly when not using the nitrous. and yes, something would likely let loose anyway. if you're willing to throw some pretty large $s at it relatively speaking, i'd go look around for mower racing and tractor pull websites and see if any of those guys have come up with fuel/nos systems for mower engines.

Jae Money 850 $
07-28-2012, 12:29 PM
I could go wet nitrous instead of dry, I'll change the jets in the carb when nitrous is not in use

Lyonsperf
08-19-2012, 08:46 AM
Easiest way is to get a fogger nozzle and plumb a extra line from the fuel tank into a small electric pump and then into the fuel side of the fogger.

We build and install many nos kits at the shop. I have been involved with nitrous for racing since the early eighties including making hidden systems when they were not allowed in the rules.

My only concern is what will break first. either you will burn or crack a piston or bend a rod. You also will need some type of rev limiter to prevent the engine from over accelerating. This would cause valve float and damage your valve springs.

chuckorlando
08-19-2012, 10:17 AM
Why not sale the system and the engine and just buy an engine that has some ass on it's own? By the time you set this up, make it work well, and figure out your gearing and tire size, you could have bought an engine that will still out run you

roysheepdog
08-19-2012, 07:55 PM
Justinsane did it I looked for his vids but could not find them,it worked well and was fast...... for about 10 mins or so.

zman007007
01-05-2013, 08:38 PM
duh it would blow faster than a f33t in the wind. lol zman