PDA

View Full Version : Clutch slipping - Rocketta 50cc

Ironhead17
08-29-2012, 09:42 PM
Hey guys. New here, I've got what I believe is a 50 cc Rocketa, 3 speed - POC from China that my kids have out grown. It ran like a bat outta hades until the frame broke at the weld on the rear. Well my buddy fixed it good as new and I reassembled the rear end remounted the motor and now the dang clutch is slipping. I don't know how to adjust it. I've included a picture from Christmas Day.
Just to further clarify:
It's a 3 speed 50 cc motor cycle engine clone.

Is this a simple fix or what? I don't recall any lateral adjustment. Chain tension is good.

I need to find a new owner for this thing so I'd like to have it running.
All help greatly appreciated.

WP

metalstudman1
08-30-2012, 05:49 PM
Welcome- I don't know it yours has the same type of engine as my 110cc. On the passenger side of the case was a jam nut with a slotted screw in it that allows for clutch adjustments.

Ironhead17
09-01-2012, 06:05 PM
I think I found the slotted screw on the passenger side. Pic #1 is that side #2 the driver side with the linkage shown.
My question is: If it slipping do I tighten to the right after loosening the nut?

My brother lives in Belmont BTW.

Thanks for your help.

WP

metalstudman1
09-01-2012, 07:13 PM
I can't remember the direction-- Mark the position of the slot before adjustments so if you go the wrong way like I did you'll know where you started. I do remember it didn't take much of an adjustment to get it grabbing again.

n1kogr
09-01-2012, 10:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pP_L85mo7A same concept.. I hope this helps