PDA

View Full Version : Engine idle help

Jokersace69
10-31-2012, 11:26 PM
So i have a Subaru ex21 It's been sitting for a few years. Got the carb all cleaned out because it was clogged. It starts up and runs, But the idle seems to be way too high. My kart has a torque convertor that uses a belt. Well once i start the kart up it wants to take off. I have the idle speed screw set and when i hold it to the body it idles fine like it should. But once i let it bounces off of it and just stays revved up which engaged the torque convertor. Is this a governor lever issue or an idle mixture screw?
Any help is appreciated!

bear
11-01-2012, 11:28 AM
Welcome to the forum! glad to have another new member. I need a little clarification about your idle set screw, you say when you hold it to the "body" it idles fine but when you let it bounce off it revs up. Im not sure of what youre saying there does the idle set screw vibrate or what? maybe a photo would be a little more helpful?

Jokersace69
11-01-2012, 03:59 PM

Jokersace69
11-02-2012, 01:51 AM
Never mind figured it out. Thanks for trying!

bear
11-02-2012, 09:56 AM
awesome! nothing better than figuring it out for yourself, makes the fix that much better! now hopefully you'll be able to post some pics of it in action soon, so we can all cheer about it! have fun and as always keepem rollin! bear:banana: