PDA

View Full Version : hey all

bmbuddy90
12-14-2009, 01:08 AM
hey everyone, my name is bud. i have owned 2 go-karts, and my knowledge with go-karts is not too great to be honest. the manco on my profile picture is the last one i owned. I just sold it because i am thinking about buying something bigger...like a "mini buggy". i just had a couple questions concerning the differences between go-karts and mini buggies. see i know with a go kart, when you push the gas pedal, it stalls before it speeds off, is this because it is a go-kart, and not a mini buggy?...or do mini buggies do that as well? Or is that just the way chain driven machines are? And also i was curious to know if when you make a sharp turn on a mini buggy, do the rpm's go down and the buggy slows down?...i know go-karts do that and that was one of my reasons for selling, it just wasn't good enough for me! i would appreciate the help, thanks!

BuggyMaster
12-14-2009, 01:10 AM
Sounds like something specific to your go kart. Mini buggies are a whole new world. Right off the bat, your 150cc and up engines are more of a motorcycle style engine so they are a whole different world. You won't regret going mini buggy. Check on some of the vids at our you tube site. http://www.youtube.com/buggymasters

Welcome to the site.

BuggyMaster
12-14-2009, 01:10 AM
Oh ya, when in doubt, always ask questions. A lot of experience exists on this board at your disposal. Just ask!

bmbuddy90
12-14-2009, 01:27 AM
thanks!...so mini buggies never have the "stalling problem" or the sharp turn problems?And i'm looking into buying the carbide 150cc go-kart. this may be a dumb question-- i know it says it is a go-kart, but would you say it resembles more to that of a mini buggy? i've looked at some youtube vids and it looks pretty awesome. but i don't want to make the same mistake and buy another go-kart with the same problems as my last 2.

BuggyMaster
12-14-2009, 01:31 AM
It's in a totally different class. They call it a go kart but it is in fact a mini buggy. The sharp turn problems were likely specific to your go kart. We have owned many and there are a few reasons for that to happen (low oil sensor, low float level to name a few).

All machines have potential problems. They are a machine but you will not likely be disappointed with the Carbide. Great machine,

bmbuddy90
12-14-2009, 01:49 AM
thanks! awesome site by the way, its tight. i looked at some of the youtube vids, and am looking into buying the carbide 150cc go-kart. this may be a dumb question, but would you say the carbide resembles more to that of a mini buggy?...if it's just like a go-kart, i don't want to make the same mistake like my last purchase...

bmbuddy90
12-14-2009, 01:50 AM
thanks for the help! (sorry for basically writing the same message twice, i wasn't sure if it posted and i'm still gettin used to using the site!)

bmbuddy90
12-14-2009, 02:19 AM
do u know if tractor supply offers test drives?...i would assume not...

joshstep1
12-14-2009, 06:06 AM
I've heard of people who have gotten test drives at their local TSC. I didn't. You can ask. It will probably vary store to store. Another tip: always try to negotiate to something lower than sticker price.

roysheepdog
12-14-2009, 07:26 AM
thanks! awesome site by the way, its tight. i looked at some of the youtube vids, and am looking into buying the carbide 150cc go-kart. this may be a dumb question, but would you say the carbide resembles more to that of a mini buggy?...if it's just like a go-kart, i don't want to make the same mistake like my last purchase...

buddy a mini buggy is a mini becouse of the motorcycle typ motor.even the big sand rails with over 102"wheel base and dont fit on some trailers are still a mini if thay have a motorcycle motor.the 150 motor is a scooter motor called a gy6 it is a honda copy and a good motor.as for loseing rpms when turing the minis have more hp than a go kart so it wont drop rpms it should spin the tires.if it dont you can mod it so it can.good luck

joshstep1
12-14-2009, 07:32 AM
What he said.

bmbuddy90
12-14-2009, 02:25 PM
hey josh, did u buy yours new or was it used? and thanks sheepdog!

joshstep1
12-14-2009, 02:33 PM
Mine was still in the crate when I bought it. That's haw new it was. Never buy a buggy that has been sitting on the lot for a long time. They almost always have problems.

bmbuddy90
12-14-2009, 02:33 PM
i'm checkin one out today tsc, for like the 5th time this week haha, we'll see how things go

bmbuddy90
12-14-2009, 02:35 PM
yeah that might have been the problem with my karts in the past, they were both used. they werent beaten to a pulp or anything, but the last one had been sitting for about a year in a barn

joshstep1
12-14-2009, 02:36 PM
That could have been it. Read the PM I sent you.

24evanwilson
12-14-2009, 06:19 PM
hi

bmbuddy90
12-14-2009, 09:30 PM
hey evan. how do u like the helix?...looks awesome!

joshstep1
12-14-2009, 09:34 PM
Believe me, he loves it so much, he's called it his wife before. lol

BuggyMaster
12-14-2009, 09:38 PM
Believe me, he loves it so much, he's called it his wife before. lol

:lol: uh oh here we go....

joshstep1
12-14-2009, 09:39 PM
What?

bige
12-15-2009, 02:06 AM
welcome. all the manufactors call them go-karts for legal reasons, when you get to the 650 and up then they are called buggy's. the carbide is a good machine, if you get it from tractor supply expect to clean the carb and do some tweeking.

I am in GA, we had a fall ride at turkey bay last month, there were some carbides there that did well

bmbuddy90
12-15-2009, 04:31 AM
called it his wife, man that's a little far...but i guess if it means that much to him. im still lookin at a few different buggy's, but i keep comin bak to the carbide, thanks for the tip!...cause i'm pretty sure the only place to buy one around here would be tsc

foxico150
01-12-2010, 02:00 AM
im on you tube my user is mrgolftee i could help advertise 4 this site since its so good

just as soon as i get that darn buggy