PDA

View Full Version : Yerf Dog 150 tricks?

Rarerat
12-14-2009, 06:19 PM
Hi all,
I just bought a used Yerf dog 150 go kart for my daughter, and I was wondering what inexpensive tricks I could do to make it run a little stronger? As far as I can tell it is completely stock at the moment.
Thanks in advance,
Nick..(Rarerat)

yerf3206
12-14-2009, 07:21 PM
well i added 198? kawiasaki mojava front shocks(ebay bought for 25$ as a pair) to the rear.i added 10 gram sliders and a 1500 cluch spring.

24evanwilson
12-14-2009, 07:23 PM
what he said lol

Rarerat
12-14-2009, 07:46 PM
well i added 198? kawiasaki mojava front shocks(ebay bought for 25$ as a pair) to the rear.i added 10 gram sliders and a 1500 cluch spring.

what he said lol

Thanks guys, where there noticeable gains from the swap?

joshstep1
12-14-2009, 09:01 PM
Look at my signature to see what I've done to my Carbide. They made a big difference!

BuggyMaster
12-14-2009, 09:12 PM
the quickest and cheapest changes are typicall clutch mods. The yerfs use the Howhit engine which makes them pretty quick little machines to begin with but with a lower top speed. What I didn't like about ours was the smaller front wheels but seems to me a saw one recently where the guy had put bigger wheels on and it was a totally different machine. Looked fantastic.

A UNI air filter is a cheap and easy mod as well. You'll need to rejet your carb for that.

Rarerat
12-14-2009, 09:30 PM
Look at my signature to see what I've done to my Carbide. They made a big difference!

the quickest and cheapest changes are typicall clutch mods. The yerfs use the Howhit engine which makes them pretty quick little machines to begin with but with a lower top speed. What I didn't like about ours was the smaller front wheels but seems to me a saw one recently where the guy had put bigger wheels on and it was a totally different machine. Looked fantastic.

A UNI air filter is a cheap and easy mod as well. You'll need to rejet your carb for that.

Thanks Guys for the tips. Do you know what sliders , springs & jets come stock on the Yerf Dog?

Also what are your thoughts on just drilling some holes opposite the filter in the stock air box to increase air flow? I am thinking I did this 20+ years ago on my old RM 250 and it made a small difference, or at least I thought it did. :lol:

BuggyMaster
12-14-2009, 09:33 PM
It would probably make a little difference but if you ever needed to go back to stock, you'd likely find that the cost to replace that stock air box would be a heck of a lot more than just buying a UNI filter. Not to mention availability of that stock part. I'd say it's the air filter element that is more of the problem than the housing.

Rarerat
12-14-2009, 09:36 PM
That makes good sense, Thanks :)

Krusekontrol
12-15-2009, 09:59 PM
You can save money by gutting your exhaust or drill some holes in the back,
The uni is a must
Rejet for the carb 130 is a lot but you can buy a few sizes and move up and down depending on your results based on altitude driving conditions etc...
CVT mods. we just finished the testing on the new shorty clutch and the DR2 variator plus the longshaft pully and the new belt that goes with it. The results are amazing.

You can also swap out the tiny tires for stock buggy tires. You can find the stock tires all over the place. Cheap.

If you want to climb a little better get another sprocket.

There are also new advanced cdi's some are combo (cdi /coil) others stand alone with seperate hot coil. Check with any of the dealers on this site. They are well known in the buggy community and have a long history with buggynuts like myself.

Good luck and enjoy the ride with the kid.

joshstep1
12-15-2009, 10:00 PM
I would do that, but my parents won't let me. :(