PDA

View Full Version : 150cc go kart idea?

kingster
01-04-2014, 08:20 PM
what do you guys think of me purchasing this buggy and putting a bigger engine in it and bigger tires and better suspension.
here is the go kart. http://www.scooterdepot.us/go-kart-dune-buggies-p-1-c-17/4-stroke-150cc-fully-automatic-gas-go-kart-p-725.html

thanks in advance

2SlickNick
01-04-2014, 08:44 PM
Looks really cool. Def need bigger tires.

kingster
01-04-2014, 08:49 PM
how do you think the thing would hold up to a trail beating?

toomanytoys2
01-05-2014, 05:39 PM
Remember, you asked for our opinions.

Also remember that my words of wisdom :dunno:, or lumps of turds (your choice) are just being stated to save you money and injury. So here goes - run away.

When I first looked at the picture, my first thought was, this thing will self destruct. I think that you would be far better off, to pick up a used Spiderbox, HH, or something else and go from there. The structural integrity of the frame alone has much to be desired.

x-bird
01-05-2014, 07:59 PM
ditto toomany. to buy one of these new and add a bigger engine means you're going to have to upgrade a lot more ..a-arms, shocks, spindles, ball joints, tie rods, reinforce tubing junctions, add tubing, weld in supports etc. etc. etc. etc. ...better to do all that to a cheap used one or build from scratch.

The only reason not to do all that is if you intend to mod the 150 engine. even then there are a few things you'll end up needing to address after awhile. otherwise, there's a lot of work ahead for an engine swap, even with a new buggy.