PDA

View Full Version : roll cage safety

shook1
05-18-2014, 09:49 AM
I received one of my karts with a missing cage. I bought another parts kart just for its roll cage. I believe in safety first: helmets, seat belts, and roll cage. Now I realize these aren't true "roll" cages, but the extra safety makes a difference. My daughter was traveling very fast when she slid thru two picnic tables and a pond. If the cage had not been present, well, it might have been tragic. The next time you consider removing that pesky cage, remember these pictures.

2SlickNick
05-18-2014, 10:24 AM
I agree. Glad she is okay.

bear
05-19-2014, 08:52 AM
That's why I changed from quads to buggys!!!

shook1
05-19-2014, 04:04 PM

It's interesting that you said that. I traded a quad for that kart. When I was a kid, my father had an accident on a motorcycle. He lost his arm over the incident. Since then, my mother has had very little tolerance for motorcycles or related rides. A year or two ago, I was riding my quad in the yard with her watching. I stopped and put it in reverse. The throttle stuck or something. I don't remember. Anyway the quad flipped with me on it. I didn't like how my mom reacted after seeing it, even though I only had minor cuts. That's when I traded it for a go kart.

2SlickNick
05-19-2014, 05:05 PM
Same here. Sold the dirt bikes for safer family fun.

shook1
05-19-2014, 05:08 PM
I agree. Glad she is okay.

She's fine. She doesn't have a clue how bad it could have been. The kids were concerned about getting the kart out, so they could keep riding.

bear
05-19-2014, 09:10 PM
Ah, the invincibility of youth! gotta love it!

hgibson
06-23-2014, 01:25 PM

I prefer both But quads are faster.