PDA

View Full Version : Hello from KY

milligan
01-04-2010, 08:03 AM
hello all,Decided to find a father son hobby so here I am.We have a local TSC and can't decide between the helix or carbide.Any advise?

joshstep1
01-04-2010, 09:30 AM
Hello. I'm Josh. If you want my opinion between the Carbide and the Helix, I would definitely pick the Carbide, but that's only because I have one. I mainly chose the Carbide over the Helix because of the fact that's a better trail riding machine and I prefer the look of it over the Helix. I absolutely love my Carbide, but Helix owners seem to love theirs just as much as I love my Carbide. Either way, I don't think you would be disappointed in either purchase. A bit of advise, I would never buy one that's been sitting on the lot for a long time; they almost always have problems. I bought mine when it was still in the crate. You should at least test drive it before you buy it to make sure it runs correctly.

milligan
01-04-2010, 10:06 AM
Thanx Josh,that sounds like great advise

BuggyMaster
01-04-2010, 12:08 PM
They both have their pros and cons. Take a look at the reviews section for each of these models. Then, go to tractor supply and have a seat in each one and see how each of them feels to you.

joshstep1
01-04-2010, 12:14 PM
What he said.

joshstep1
01-04-2010, 12:15 PM
Oh. And question for migillian. How far do you live from Land Between the Lakes? I go riding at Turkey Bay.

milligan
01-04-2010, 01:42 PM
I think i'll go with the carbide,its a little more comfy,but the helix does look mean.
-Josh- I live in richmond,about 3 hundred miles away,I heard it a great place to ride,me an my brother use to go to livingston awsome place

EJ Mac
01-04-2010, 03:03 PM
Welcome aboard you have found a great hobby. Be sure and check on Craigslist as well I have seen some very nice buggies up for grabs on there.

joshstep1
01-04-2010, 04:13 PM
Turkey Bay is AWESOME! I've been there three times since I got my Carbide in October and all three times I had a freakin blast!