PDA

View Full Version : Wassup?

TheJollySkipper
02-22-2010, 05:03 PM
Hey this looks like a pretty kewl forum... Hello everyone.
I am building a couple of carts for my two boys (and maybe dear old dad) to ride around on... I am a Bargain hunter, and LOVE to get trashers and fix them up like new...
:biglaugh:

24evanwilson
02-22-2010, 05:45 PM
cool nesss im evan welcome to the site !!!!!

olderthan
02-22-2010, 06:08 PM
welcome to you and your family
olderthan

EJ Mac
02-22-2010, 06:18 PM
Welcome you sound like me I like tearing them down almost as much as riding them.

joshstep1
02-22-2010, 08:39 PM
Hi. I'm Josh

TheJollySkipper
02-22-2010, 09:00 PM
Hi Guys, Thanks for the welcome!
Yep... I like 'em cheap and simple, just like my... heh heh well nevermind... ;-)

I ran across a woman years ago selling several items that her exhusband had left behind...I was there for a Nintendo...She told me she had a mountain bike for ten dollars... Nope sorry, kids are too little for a mountain bike... "How about a go-cart?" she said.. Nope same thing they are too little... "I only want 25 dollars for it." she said... Hmmm I'll take a look. It was a little blue two-seater with a 3horse B&S... a little tired looking but good shape overall... I'll take it!
For the next several nights I was in the shop dismantling, and hitting it with the wire cup... several coats of Cat yellow, and some gloss black, and some new vinyl on the seats, and POW a brand new gocart for about 65 bucks...
THAT'S MY KIND OF DEAL... LOL
The kids rode it about three times and the (now ex) took it to an auction and sold it for 100 bucks... SE LA VIE LOL

BuggyMaster
02-23-2010, 02:19 PM
that's a woman for ya! At least they got to enjoy it for a while!

TheJollySkipper
02-23-2010, 09:22 PM
No Doubt! LOL
I juast picked a new 13 horse GPP with electric start... Thinking about putting it on this One seater Kart I got last week... Not sure of the make..maybe a Manco Dingo.... it's got a 5 on it right now...It was REALLY cheap...lol and I got the engine for a song too... Just afraid it'll be too much cart for the boys. ;-)

metalstudman1
02-24-2010, 12:49 PM
Welcome to the group- I'm usally silent but had to bond with another recycle innovator! Buy a POS and repair for less and have a blast doing it!!! A dingo can easily handle the upgrade structurally. Your new 13hp shouldn't be too much for the boys but the new clutch will set you back a little! your stock motor on the Dingo is a 3/4" shaft and the 13hp shaft is gonna be a bit bigger so you won't be able to swap without the bigger clutch.

TheJollySkipper
02-24-2010, 05:29 PM
HAHAH Well, Thank you for breaking your silence. ;-)
I dont think it's a dingo, but it's similar, and yeah...it looks like it'll hold the new motor... It's got a 5 B&S on it right, and I havent unbolted the torque conv yet, but from pulliing the tape on it, it appears to have a 1inch shaft... It is a REALLY big B&S... I was assuming it was just old, but anything's possible... With any luck, I wont have to modify anything... But I'm not afraid to break out the "fun tools", and make it happen...
I hate to appear wishy washy...LOL But the more I read and learn, I am tempted to clean up what I have already, and buy a couple of used Yerf-Dogs for the boys. ;-)

SYCARMS
02-25-2010, 11:24 PM
Welcome to our world. TOM