PDA

View Full Version : scotthh250

scotthh250
02-24-2010, 06:29 PM
How you all doing ?Have a H.H. 250, looking to start putting some simple mods on it, any sugestions.

KID4LIFE
02-24-2010, 07:17 PM
hi scott, i have the same buggy and what i started with was the uni filter and bigger jets, then the main spring and dr. pulley clutch, then bigger tires. it takes time.....oh yea, and money which is in short supply so take your time and do them as you can afford them. i spread mine over about a 12 month time frame. good luck and welcome to the site

atc250rboy
02-24-2010, 07:18 PM
Thats awesome!Your from TC my sister lives there, right on Hammond road.We go there all the time,during cherry fest and summer..My sister and her husband use to own the clock resturant in town.Anyways, a good place to start is a uni filter and a rejet.Then i would go for some roller/sliders and a clutch main spring.Then if you got the cash go for a exhaust.
Uni filter/redneck intake-$20(if you make it yourself,anyone on here can help you)
Roller/sliders/main spring-$40
Exhaust-anywhere from $100 to $350
If you need help with any of these mods ask,there are a ton of super cool buggy nuts on here that will help you.

BuggyMaster
02-24-2010, 09:23 PM
call tom at sycpowersports.com and tell him what you are looking for. He will put you in the right direction. Banner is at the top of this page. Welcome to the site!

olderthan
02-24-2010, 09:24 PM
Scott
welcome to the group
uni filters and jets are the first gutting or changing the exhaust go with this
then into cvt
cv pumper carbs are nice to
olderthan

EJ Mac
02-25-2010, 01:49 PM
Welcome aboard. Which Hammerhead do you have the hi/lo with cf moto 250 or forward reverse with the cn250

scotthh250
02-25-2010, 05:35 PM
Must be a CN250(F.N.R.)only.Just got a HH exhust ,Uni filter,140 main jet,40pilot jet in the mail today.As far as tires go , I had to go down 3" in dia. just to get any power out of it.Probably have to look into a clutch this summer,if we ever get rid of this @#$# SNOW!!!

scotthh250
02-25-2010, 05:44 PM
[QUOTE=scotthh250;6008]Must be a CN250(F.N.R.)only.Just got a HH exhust ,Uni filter,140 main jet,40pilot jet in the mail today.As far as tires go , I had to go down 3" in dia. just to get any power out of it.Probably have to look into a clutch this summer,if we ever get rid of this @#$# SNOW!!!

scotthh250
02-25-2010, 05:45 PM
Must be a CN250(F.N.R.)only.Just got a HH exhust ,Uni filter,140 main jet,40pilot jet in the mail today.As far as tires go , I had to go down 3" in dia. just to get any power out of it.Probably have to look into a clutch this summer,if we ever get rid of this @#$# SNOW!!!

KID4LIFE
02-25-2010, 05:50 PM
you had to go DOWN three inches on the rear? what was happening that you couldn't get power to the wheels? something doesn't sound right.

SYCARMS
02-25-2010, 11:21 PM
Welcome to our world. TOM

EJ Mac
03-01-2010, 05:32 PM
I'd like to know what happened as well on the tires that doesn't seem quite right? I'm still fairly new to all this and my old approach would have been to mod the cvt and carb areas first. I would highly recommend, if you have the budget to do it, getting the head worked over and maybe a cam. Then you can tune the cvt from there to dial in a combination best suited to your riding needs. If you need info on the head work feel free to pm me for more details. I can tell you I have recently driven a 2007 Hammerhead CN250cc with FNR and it is running 22x10x10 Swamp Fox rear tires and it will brake them suckers loose. The mods that I know are on it are as follows: Malossi Delta Adjustable clutch, 30 or 32mm pumper carb, UNI filter, 19g sliders, Blue spring, 132.5 main jet 50 pilot, Supertrapp 10" Elite series knockoff exhaust, and a cast iron cylinder of some sorts with a wiseco piston. All that said it has a major exhaust leak as the exhaust is not fabbed properly and it has some hesitation from probably around 2500-3300 rpms which I suspect is a combination of exhaust leak and jetting not quite right. All that aside it will cut the tires lose and runs really strong. I suspect something may be going on in your cvt if you are not getting much power as that thing should run real decent in its stock form.

scotthh250
03-05-2010, 05:07 PM
Couldn't get the motor to turn the 22'' tires over in sand.The19'' Hole Shot tires did make alittle difference, looking back I guess it could have been the cvt.I just got a HH preformance exhust system with Uni filter intake & jets, just waiting for some snow to melt to put it on. I think a new cvt system will be next.Would like to keep it as close to stock as possibile,for dependibilty.My wife & I had to walk out of the woods 1 to many times.Walking with her makes for a LONG walk !:crying:

SYCARMS
03-05-2010, 06:07 PM
If you are running the dunes don't get your hopes up too high. Sand is probably the toughest to run in. I know several people who had head work, exhaust, uni, and moded cvt and they were not satisfied with the performance. Never road in the sand but done plenty of walking and its tough compared to other surfaces. Keep in mind that the cf/cn-250 engine was designed for scooters which are 1/4 the weight if that and only run on 2 skinny wheels. As far as the jetting 140 seems a bit much on a stock motor. I run a 128 on a stock 250 with cvt mods, uni, performance exhaust and the stock slow jet. When I went to a 130 jet I was running rich. Jetting too fat will cost you power. Run the buggy full throttle for about 1000 ft. than with throttle floored turn off ignition when the engine stops take your foot off the throttle. Pull the plug and it should be a medium to dark brown color. I'll bet yours is black. TOM

scotthh250
03-06-2010, 05:16 PM
Have not put pipe,intake &jets in yet(still got alot of snow).Buggy PartsNW,is where I bought it.They claim from sea level to 1000' is supposed to take a 140 main&40 pilot???As far as riding goes it's all trail riding but it's about 80% beach sand.Keep the input coming,I'm learning alot

KID4LIFE
03-06-2010, 06:07 PM
it's all trial & error anyway. that sea-level stuff didn't work for me because i'm in ohio and i'm running a 145 jet in my CVT carb. everyone told me that's too much but my plug is the right color and it runs great.:dunno:
do what works man, that's all i know.:biglaugh:

SYCARMS
01-22-2011, 09:02 AM
Have you completed your mods yet?

Tom