PDA

View Full Version : Carter Brothers talon 150 stays in reverse? Help

Hotrod
03-27-2010, 07:51 PM
I have a carter brothers talon 150 that stays in reverse. Is it a problem with the cable or something worse? Thanks for your help!!

PAbuggy
03-27-2010, 09:32 PM
You should check your cable to see if its broke if not then adjust it in small increments.

olderthan
03-27-2010, 10:48 PM
check your cable & also where it goes into reverse
it might be hung
olderthan

olderthan
03-27-2010, 10:48 PM
welcome to the group hotrod
olderthan

BuggyMaster
03-28-2010, 10:14 PM
Some of the reverse mechanisms are different between machines. By all means, follow the cables back and see what is happening at the engine end when you are putting it in reverse.

Hotrod
03-29-2010, 06:06 PM
Its the cable alright!! Rusted and froze up good. Ordering a new one today..Thanks for the help!!!!

TotallyKartKrazy
04-21-2010, 04:24 PM
Its the cable alright!! Rusted and froze up good. Ordering a new one today..Thanks for the help!!!!

So jealous they actually had your parts in, i bet if you tried to order a Carburetor for that model they won't have it in stock haven't had carbs in about 6months either or ignition coils. Carter is getting rediculous with how in the toilet they are going. We may never get to ride our cart again! :(

EJ Mac
04-23-2010, 01:48 PM
So jealous they actually had your parts in, i bet if you tried to order a Carburetor for that model they won't have it in stock haven't had carbs in about 6months either or ignition coils. Carter is getting rediculous with how in the toilet they are going. We may never get to ride our cart again! :(

Why are you going through Carter directly for those parts? There are plenty of other parts sources available and probably at better prices.

chuckorlando
04-23-2010, 05:01 PM
Almost certainly better prices. If you need a carb why not up grade to a 30mm for a 150 or a 32 for a 250? Carter dont have special carbs. Any carb will fit. If it's a slide carb then you will want another slide or you'll need a cable and carb.

If the cable aint broke it might just need adjusted. It's a fairly common issue with these