PDA

View Full Version : Oil smells like gas!!!

Mayito88
04-19-2021, 10:18 PM
Hi everyone... I just bought this buggy for my kids and before anything I changed the engine oil and I noticed the oil smells weird 😳.... So after changing the oil I let my kids turn it on. White smoke was coming out the exhaust and we decided to park it. I let it set all night and this morning I decided to check the oil level again.... And I noticed the oil smells like gas again and it was very thin.. I used 10w-40... But it now looks like dirty water.... What could be the problem??? Any help or advice will be very appreciated. Thanks!

liduno
04-20-2021, 12:02 PM
Sounds like you may have a float valve with some crud in it, not allowing it to close. I would also check the petcock on the tank. If it's vacuum operated it shouldn't flow any gas unless the engine is running.

Mayito88
04-24-2021, 03:33 PM
I just replace the carburator... And change the oil 2 times already... But now the smoke smells like oil... Should I replace the head cylinder?

liduno
04-24-2021, 10:27 PM
I think I would do a compression test before I decided to replace any major engine components.

Mayito88
04-25-2021, 11:48 PM
What should be the reading? For the test?

Mayito88
05-01-2021, 03:56 PM
My oil doesn't smells like gas anymore... But I still have a lot of smoke coming out.... So I decided to remove the head of the engine and fund this "crispy" black layer on top of the Piston... Should a replace the head piston assembly? I don't see any scratches on the cylinder wall... Help me please.

liduno
05-03-2021, 01:35 PM
I can't remember exactly what the compression should be, maybe like 120 130? The piston and cylinder don't look bad at all to me though. There's a little more carbon on the valve than usual, but I don't think that's really an issue.

I used to pour a little water into the carb of a revving engine to clean up carbon. I would use a dixie cup and slowly pour it in while revving the engine. It causes the carbon to crystalize and shoots it out the exhaust.

Are you sure the exhaust doesn't have oil in it? How does the buggy run despite the smoke?

Mayito88
05-05-2021, 07:59 AM
The buggy is running good.... I clean the piston and the valves looking like new... Assemble the engine back. And the smoke still coming out.. maybe a little bit more 🙄... Even after letting the engine run for about an hour... And adding some piston rig sealer"Rislone ring sealer" what can I do now?

metalstudman1
05-06-2021, 12:26 AM
The smoking should go away after a few hard hours of driving. I use a lot of used mufflers off various scraped bikes, oil burning motors and it does take a minute to burn off! If the smoke is blue then it's your motor needing rings, if the smoke is more white/black then it's left over oil & gas in the muffler.I didn't think your engine looked that bad-if you don't run the motor WOT a lot then it gets that type of carbon build up.

Mayito88
05-07-2021, 09:49 PM
🤔After installing a new piston. I still noticing same problem to much smoke and oil getting lower on the engine...I Decide to inspect the Valves seals.👀.. .... And that was the problem!😑 they were leaking oil... I changed both of the seals and no more smoke or oil getting low.... Thanks everyone for your help... And I hope someone having the same issue find this post helpful... Thanks again everyone!!!! 😁😁😁😁