PDA

View Full Version : Hammerhead grinding in all gear positions

Jdsmitty10
07-26-2022, 03:16 PM
My kids managed to roll the hammerhead gts platinum on its side the other day. It now grinds when revved in neutral/forward/reverse. Same grind sound as if it is idling too high when shifted into gear. Any idea on what I should look at or adjust with the transmission?
Thanks
Jon

metalstudman1
08-02-2022, 12:14 AM
Sorry for long delay- I had to go look to see what a roll over could damage on the gear shift mechanism. I'm assuming this is an external reverse unit. Best thing I can see is check the mounting parts to the cable at the motor/reverse mechanism. A bent cable that's not moving properly will cause this issue. Adjusting the cable at the motor end is probably needed or cable replacement if the support brackets are intact.If the cable doesn't place the planetary gear in exactly the right position it'll be in between gears in all positions.Hope this helps

Jdsmitty10
08-04-2022, 01:45 PM
Sorry for long delay- I had to go look to see what a roll over could damage on the gear shift mechanism. I'm assuming this is an external reverse unit. Best thing I can see is check the mounting parts to the cable at the motor/reverse mechanism. A bent cable that's not moving properly will cause this issue. Adjusting the cable at the motor end is probably needed or cable replacement if the support brackets are intact.If the cable doesn't place the planetary gear in exactly the right position it'll be in between gears in all positions.Hope this helps

Thanks for replying! It actually turned out to be the roll cage rattling and it sounded just like the grind if you shift and go at too high of rpm. I cranked down the roll cage bolts and no issues now!