PDA

View Full Version : Hello all.

Briman
04-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Hey all.

Been lurking around here for some time, and now that I bought my first buggy, I figured it was time to join. I bought a used 2007 Hammerhead 150GT. I got it for $1200. It has barely been used, the tires still had almost all the nubs still on them. It has a clutch kit, K&N filter and a homemade ram air where the snorkel comes up between the 2 seats. It also came with a big bore kit not yet installed still in the box. It came with the bigger carb, cam, head, cylinder and piston. I guess my 1st question is on the cylinder box it says GY6 63mm cylinder set. Does anyone know what cc this will bump the engine up to. Got to drive it for all of only about a half hour before the rain moved in. Thanks in advance, Brian.

olderthan
04-02-2010, 08:04 PM
welcome to the group
with a stock crankshaft the 63 mm will take you to 180.8 inches
but you will have to get your crank-case reworked to fit
olderthan

Briman
04-02-2010, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the reply olderthan. Are you saying that the bolt holes for the cylinder won't line up? If that's the case maybe that is why he didn't already install it. And a big bummer for me, as I don't want to mess with the lower end. Do you think with the mods already that adding the bigger carb would help at all or would I be just drowning it with fuel? Brian

olderthan
04-02-2010, 08:58 PM
there is 2 versions of gy6 150cc motors that i know off
plus other offbrands of 150cc motors
the side of the motor should have 157 on it to take std parts
fins on side of head and cylinder should be straight look at 63 mm kit
to see it fins run the same way 4 bolt valve cover is std. wavey lines
on cylinder is called type b and is different bolt pattern. if you need it i have
all the info wrote down with all the different model #. if you notice my signature
i run lots of aftermkt parts. i run 2 different 30mm carbs-uni filter-no rev cdi-1500 spring
and xtras i never list
olderthan

KID4LIFE
04-02-2010, 09:13 PM
welcome BRIMAN!

Briman
04-02-2010, 09:52 PM
Thanks KID4LIFE......olderthan after doing much research I see what you are saying about the bore kit. I think I'm going to go this route instead, cam, polished and ported head, and a perf cdi and coil. Probably all I'm willing to muster out of it for now. Much thanks olderthan because no doubt I would have torn it all apart, and been kinda POed when I found out the case would need some milling.

JakeTheSnake
04-03-2010, 01:05 PM
Welcome to the forum Birman!