PDA

View Full Version : MRP racing CDI question (Gokartsusa)

buggytime
04-30-2010, 07:51 PM
I just purchased a new MRP racing CDI from Gokartsusa. While ordering i specified it was for a hammerhead 150cc. I installed the new cdi and it blows the fuse. Can anybody tell me what the issue is?

KID4LIFE
04-30-2010, 09:43 PM
there are two types of cdi's AC & DC. if i am correct, yours should be a DC. if you can turn your headlights on with just the key on and the buggy NOT running, yours is DC. make sure they sent you the right one. secondly, MRP parts are crap!! i had a MRP cdi on my buggy (250 hammerhead) and it didn't work right either. if you want a stock hammerhead cdi, buy one from reliablegokarts.com
that's where i buy my OEM hammerhead parts and they all work!

buggytime
04-30-2010, 10:39 PM
sounds about right, thanks. The gokartsusa site did not mention anything about the ac dc cdi. I even called and spoke with one of their techs. I told him I had a 2009 HH 150cc and he actually waked me through the website directing me to the cdi I ordered.

ckau
05-01-2010, 04:05 AM
AC or DC, get it wrong, it simply means the buggy won't fire up! Or the plugs connections won't match. Popping a fuse could mean a couple of things. you have accidentally pulled some wire loose, causing a short or the cdi is defective. both have been known to happen. Don't trust what MRP tells you! They are only about selling parts. Some of the stuff they offer is decent, some is junk! Know your part before buying from them. Good luck trying to get it exchanged.

chuckorlando
05-01-2010, 04:56 AM
I try to avoid mrp anytime I can. Tere a crap company with some good, some bad, and some junk products

bige
05-01-2010, 07:04 AM
yes the hammerheads and asw are dc.