PDA

View Full Version : gy6 clutch

Maahs13
05-27-2010, 11:00 PM
so in your guys opinion whats best i was looking at the dr. pulley clutch and variator or the shorty clutch and DR2 variator

BuggyMaster
05-28-2010, 01:15 PM
Well I can tell you that I have a Dr. Pulley variator and did some testing with it and it made 0 difference across the board. I think it makes a good replacement variator but performance wise, I didn't find anything special about it. In other words, you can just order some different variator weights and add those to your stock variator and get some improvement without buying the whole variator.

For the clutch, we haven't done any testing on those just yet but I would expect some improvement just by the nature of the design.

Just be careful what you wish for on these as well and be sure to consider your riding environment. We did change out the torque spring and the clutch arm springs. The arm springs change when the clutch will engage. We went to the yellows and had to rev much higher to get it to go. If you are drag racing, this is the way to go as it is the equivelant of a stall converter. Gives a good hard launch. Would be nice for heavy hill climbing too. For our flat-track environment, it was no good for regular riding. We wound up taking out the arm springs. Left the main spring in place and went wtih 12 gram sliders in the variator and it was a great combination.

bige
05-28-2010, 02:57 PM
I have a koso in my wifes and have had good luck with it, its the adjustable one. it wasent as hard to dial in as the dr pulley, running three of different roller or slider weights has been done for years with good results.

A friend of mine ran 10 gram and 13 gram. the dr pulley and the koso clutches are good, but it will take some time to get them dialed in.

BigBoss
06-02-2010, 08:24 PM
im tryin to get my carbide a better launch because we all know that a fully stocked carbide= no acceleration

bige
06-03-2010, 02:55 PM
you can also change the arm springs for a better launch