PDA

View Full Version : Kinroad 150 upgrades?

Esch88
05-29-2010, 12:55 AM
Hey i got a 150 sitting here, its got a snorkel on it and id like to keep it. What mods would you think that would give this thing a little more pep, besides boring it out. im thinking more torwards woods riding? any thoughts?

EJ Mac
05-29-2010, 04:05 AM
Honestly the snorkel will hinder air flow. As for upgrades there are 2 schools of thought on it. One is add a Uni filter and either gut your stock exhaust or go aftermarket and rejet the carb, add some 10 or 12g sliders, and a main spring upgrade. Clutch and variator upgrades are always good as well. The other route is a little more costly, but can result in substantial power gains: ported, polished and flowed cylinder head, performance cam, along with the uni and exhaust upgrades and carb rejet, then you can tune the cvt trans to these mods. Tires and shocks upgrades are always nice as well. There is a lot you can do it just depends on what you are willing to spend.

chuckorlando
05-29-2010, 07:57 AM
Most guy's ramble of te norm, uni, jets, main spring, sliders. I like to know your budget. Where you ride dont matter as much as something. I find almost every one wants torque or top end. Not much middle ground. You'll need 100-1500. Figure out where you fit in that range

Esch88
05-29-2010, 12:47 PM
Well i'd like to spend at least 300-500 but, the engine porting can wait for now. i want to get as much out of it cheaper now, the big bore can wait, also, ive seen these type of turbos where they just slid onto the carb and its just a fan pushing off the intake, has anyone heard of these, i found a couple on ebay for $25. I was thinking if it was so cheap it probably doesn't work.

chuckorlando
05-29-2010, 06:04 PM
With your budget I would do the following.

a11-a12 cam, 30mm slide or pump carb, 30mm intake riser, redneck intake, uni filter, 5 diffrent main jets 128-140, supertrapp or other quality muffler for 100 bucks, 12g sliders, yellow main spring, adjustable cdi, coil, sproket, and some 23in tires

chuckorlando
05-29-2010, 06:05 PM
You could also do like a hammerhead exhaust but that will take you closer to the top of your budget

EJ Mac
05-29-2010, 09:29 PM
Definitely listen to Chucks recommendations he does in fact own one of the meanest 150's around and has the skill and knowledge to squeeze every ounce of performance out of them.

chuckorlando
05-30-2010, 06:56 AM
Well my 180 is actualy credit to Tom Syc. Before I even new what a gy6 was he had a game plan for me. My motor is built to spin, not turn, 24in mudlites with a small sproket. I'm also of the thought process that you can build these with the torque on the inside of the engine, then top end on the out side. Meaning you have enough torque to beat a modded 250 of the line, and still run 40+ up top.

SYCARMS
05-30-2010, 10:59 PM
Appreciate the credit Chuck as always your the MAAANNNNN. TOM